AVIC411.com

F series discontinued/being replaced already.

The pioneer rep for canada has told some of us the the F series units are no longer available for order. He would not tell us anything about the replacement. My concern about this has to do with maybe the F series hardware platform not actually being fast enough to support the software requirements. We were told that the F90's replacement would be more money. Its very rare for pioneer to replace a Nav piece so quickly. Are they concerned about people hacking it? or are they worried about other problems with it? Im kind of torn if i should buy one of the few pieces left or if i should grab the new piece when available.

Anyone else have more information regarding this?

The shop where I bought the dash kit and wire harness for my F700bt told me the same thing.

Not many details, just said that the F Series will be discontinued after May, when the new stuff

comes out.

That's all he really knew, and he was actually surprised, b/c he said since the new 2.0 update

he really like the Units...

Only had mine installed for about 10 days now, and after trying/tweaking some different data.zips and tweaks installed, enjoying it so far... oh well.

If it works for you, then it doesn't really matter if it's being replaced. I'm sure Pioneer is taking all of the negative vibes on the current units, switching around some coding and what not, putting out a killer unit.....and selling it for $2K.

Pioneer will continue to provide service for this unit, even if it's discontinued. Let's face it - all electronics you buy will eventually be discontinued, right? And when they are, it's a perfect time to buy. F90bt's can be had for under $600 now....why wouldn't you take that deal?

Unless you need to be an early adopter and feel like you are getting the best deal by paying more, I see no reason why this isn't actually good news for the consumer.

Better answer this before it gets out of hand.

It's not being discontinued. It's going to be a new revision with upgraded software and new maps, just like the Z Series. Z1/2/3. A software upgrade will also be available for current owners.

Better answer this before it gets out of hand.

It's not being discontinued. It's going to be a new revision with upgraded software and new maps, just like the Z Series. Z1/2/3. A software upgrade will also be available for current owners.

They should probably make sure their dealers know this is the case... so they don't

give out the wrong information. :)

The shop I was at, had the entire F series on display and the newer 3100(i think) unit.

F series had a big display offering a $200 rebate - which I thought maybe be another

indicator of trying to get rid of inventory...

I guess overall this is great news JasonH has posted, I've read a few threads talking about

a 3.0 update - any idea when the upgrade you are talking about will be available?

Thanks for clearing things up! Enjoying the Forum!

any idea when the upgrade you are talking about will be available?

Well, from what I heard, the update for current owners will be coming AFTER the new revision of units is released. So based on that, it will be sometime after June.

we will see!!! how much for the upgrade..b/c i dont care about new maps but i do care for a software upgrade.b/c i am sick of this unit..

i am fixing to to pull it out..fnd a pionner store here in chicago .. go in and hit the pioneer rep on head with it..

i am not going to buy not even a pen from pioneer ..not even toilet paper pionner brand...thats it.,,,,, as of now

i am waiting or the...this big ..huge ..grea upgreat to come ..let see

my son wants new cd. spesakers.. for his room i told him...NOOOOOO PIONEER...NO PIONEERR .ANYTHING ELSE i would be happy to pay for it but.. no more shit from them

we will see!!! how much for the upgrade..b/c i dont care about new maps but i do care for a software upgrade.b/c i am sick of this unit..

i am fixing to to pull it out..fnd a pionner store here in chicago .. go in and hit the pioneer rep on head with it..

i am not going to buy not even a pen from pioneer ..not even toilet paper pionner brand...thats it.,,,,, as of now

my son wants new cd. spesakers.. for his room i told him...NOOOOOO PIONEER...NO PIONEERR .ANYTHING ELSE i would be happy to pay for it but.. no more shit from them

It's scary that you have a kid.

All this has already been discussed in other threads.

Maybe you should upgrade to 2.0 first? :lol:

I personally do not care if they discontinue these. As long as they bring out at least another update I'd be happy.

http://www.hookedonphonics.com/ :lol: