AVIC411.com

iPod Touch DOESN'T Charge

So from reading these forums my 1st Gen iPod Touch should charge via my Avic-D3 and the iPod cable, but it does not charge at all. I made sure that the connector on the back of the D3 is nice and secure and still no luck charging the iPod Touch.

My other question is that when I get in my car with the iPod Touch plugged in (while the car was off) I need to open my glove compartment and slide to unlock before the D3 is able to read the music off the iPod to be able to play it.

Anyone have any insight?

Yes i understand the newest iPod Touch does not charge via the cable, but as stated in my origial post my iPod Touch is one of the original ones from when they came out, so thats why im confused as to why itdoesnt support it.

is there any other chance of Pioneer releasing a cable that will charge the newer ipod touches on the d3 in case i plan on getting an iphone soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I understand all the cables that are released and whatnot, but my iPod Touch is a 1st generation.

Not a 2nd generation iPod Touch, which I know doesn't charge via the D3.

My iPod 5G Video charges just fine on my D3, but my iPod Touch 1st Generation does not charge on my D3.

Anyone?!

I have the Pioneer D3 , and I have the Ipod Touch FIRST Generation (32gb) ... mine charges just fine .

There are two charging options, I forget where it is you goto, but you must click on "ipod charge" to "ON" in order for it to charge, also by having the "charge on" status, you do not need to unlock your ipod touch each time, this irritated me a lot also at first, then i found that solution...

hopefully that helps, if not, send me a private message and ill send you my email/IM if you need more help.

-brad

OK I have an AVIC D3 and I have BOTH the first gen iPod Touch, 2nd Gen iPod Touch as well as an iPhone 3G.

1st gen iTouch charges by using CD-I200 cable and nothing else.

2ng gen iTouch charges by using CD-I200 & Scosche Passport.

iPhone 3G charges by using CD-I200 & Scosche Passport.

I have personally tried them all myself and they worked just fine. As stated earlier in the thread you need to make sure that you go into the settings and turn the iPod Charging ON.

CD-I200

cdi200_detailpage.jpg

Scosche Passport

1667.12962.600x400.IFWA.jpg