AVIC411.com

Speedcam Enable Code

I've searched exhaustively for this in my current files and I cannot seem to find the "Set" bit to enable the speedcams. I had the ability to edit them before I updated to GTIMatt's mods and now they are not editable. The original ones I had put in are there and his mods work great as far as the voic warnings go but there is no longer any screens in which to make changes like I had before with the speedcam mod that I was running. All I did was swap out the DATA.ZIP's and have not touched any other settings, i.e; SYS.txt (the enable bit is there).

Where might I look? I have been scrutinizing the common and 800_480 file structure in the speedcam_ui files as well as the setting files.

Thanx!

Bud

I've searched exhaustively for this in my current files and I cannot seem to find the "Set" bit to enable the speedcams. I had the ability to edit them before I updated to GTIMatt's mods and now they are not editable. The original ones I had put in are there and his mods work great as far as the voic warnings go but there is no longer any screens in which to make changes like I had before with the speedcam mod that I was running. All I did was swap out the DATA.ZIP's and have not touched any other settings, i.e; SYS.txt (the enable bit is there).

Where might I look? I have been scrutinizing the common and 800_480 file structure in the speedcam_ui files as well as the setting files.

Thanx!

Bud

PLACE.UI

Okay...I can't find it..Do you mind??

;*****************
;       xucheng
;*****************

;****************************************************************************************************************

;****************************************************************************************************************

Thanx!

Bud

When you say 'make changes' do you mean you can't add or remove them manually? If so, this is strange as my data.zip is from an EU unit where all the speedcam stuff is on by default so I haven't touched any of that in the modded data.zip and I can add/remove cameras as usual.

Nope. Doesn't work on my F90BT (US Version) I had Boris' speedcam program running flawlessly and when I went to your version..which I am really liking bTW, I no longer had any provision whatsoever to edit the cams nor do I even have the sub-screen in the "warnings" section any more. Just the ability to announce and modify the speed warnings.

Thanx for the help!

Bud

Nope. Doesn't work on my F90BT (US Version) I had Boris' speedcam program running flawlessly and when I went to your version..which I am really liking bTW, I no longer had any provision whatsoever to edit the cams nor do I even have the sub-screen in the "warnings" section any more. Just the ability to announce and modify the speed warnings.

Thanx for the help!

Bud

Check settingXXX.ui then. I believe I had to put some workaround there to stop it from checking if it is a EU (enable) or US (disable cameras) model. This will let you set warnings.

If you look at PLACE.UI and compare it with mine, you'll see that in the sc_StartPlaceMenuPlan script I had to comment out xucheng's code:

runif vBeta "0" 'btnPMP_SaveAsSpeedcam.hide,btnPMP_EditCam.hide'
runif vBeta "5" 'btnPMP_SaveAsSpeedcam.hide,btnPMP_EditCam.hide'

This code will hide camera controls if you are running US (vBeta=0 or vBeta=5, different models).

Thanx for the help!

Bud

Check settingXXX.ui then. I believe I had to put some workaround there to stop it from checking if it is a EU (enable) or US (disable cameras) model. This will let you set warnings.

If you look at PLACE.UI and compare it with mine, you'll see that in the sc_StartPlaceMenuPlan script I had to comment out xucheng's code:

runif vBeta "0" 'btnPMP_SaveAsSpeedcam.hide,btnPMP_EditCam.hide'
runif vBeta "5" 'btnPMP_SaveAsSpeedcam.hide,btnPMP_EditCam.hide'

This code will hide camera controls if you are running US (vBeta=0 or vBeta=5, different models).

So then I would change this script from ".....EditCam.hide' to EditCam.show' ?? as I see this line in your place_ui folder:

;********************xucheng add *****************
; BM - always show spewedcamera controls
; So just remove original HIDE ;run 'btnPMP_SaveAsSpeedcam.show,btnPMP_EditCam.show'

Actually, what I did is print out your Place_UI file and compared it to mine and the only changes were where you had said so all I did was copy your file and overwrote mine and Viola!

That did it!!!!!!!Thanx Boris!