AVIC411.com

Installing Z1 in '05 F250, wiring help please

Hi all,

A friend of mine wants me to help him install a z1 into his F250. Couple wiring questions (f250 related). I'm going to double post this in the specific car wiring too [url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15037]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=15037[/url] since I have to do this on thursday and I hope who ever knows this stuff will see it :) Maybe with my mod status I won't get chastized too much. ;)

I wanted to know:

1. reverse wire, in [url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2142&highlight=f250]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... light=f250[/url] cntrylvr79 says that it's Reverse Light black/pink + back of fuse box, black 8 pin plug. Is that correct for a 05 F250?

2. VSS wire. Anyone know where the easiest place to tap off this?

3. The wiring harness has a positive dimer. Will that work hooked to the Z1's ILL wire? Will it work without my circuit?

4. Any ideas about placement for the GPS and Sat antennas? Where to route them and place them?

Thanks for any help guys!
Steve
Steve,

Glad you're not too much of a god! seriously...

I don't have an F250 BUT given it's a Ford, you've already done most of this on your Navigator...

3. If it's the same as the 05 mustang (which I'm almost certain it is)... won;t work, you'll have to pull it from the actual switch

4. GPS sits on the roof, runs down the inside... you *should* be able to run the cable thru the top-mounted stop-light without any problems, thru the main cabin and to the radio at the front.

Andy

p.s. I might just hit you up for one of those amp turn-on deals in the VERY NEAR future (do I get a discount?)
Thanks, I never said I was a God :) And I don't know the location of specific wires in specific vehicles. People email me for info like that and unless they ask me about my vehicle, I can't really help them.

And actally I have an Aviator, not a Navigator. It's the fancy Explorer (or the poor man's Navigator). And all the wires I needed were right there at the radio: ILL, VSS, amp turn on, steering wheel controls etc. But the F250 doesn't have any of that. I know I could hunt them down with time, but I thought someone here might know exactly where they were and might want to help me out a bit :)
Yes the reverse wire is the same for the 05 f250.

Speed Sense gray/black radio harness or ABS module, pin 21
Notes: The ABS module is in the driver side rear corner of the engine compartment.

I'd say pick it up at the radio much easier. As for the illumination, I've not had any luck using the dimmer so I just get it at the headlight switch. It's the brown wire.

The gps and sat antennas I had to put on the roof of the truck in order for them to work. I'm sure some people have had luck with them on the inside, but not I.

All in all good luck and happy installing, not a hard truck to deal with. By the way I'm catching up with you. Only 600 odd posts to go. :)
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="cntrylvr79"]All in all good luck and happy installing, not a hard truck to deal with. By the way I'm catching up with you. Only 600 odd posts to go. :)[/quote]

Thanks... makes you feel like you have no life huh? :D[/quote]

Yeah pretty much. On the positive side though, there's some very happy people floating around with their avics hooked up properly.
Steve,
I just installed my Avc Z-1 in my 2005 F250....it was super easy with a dash kit, wiring harness from Circuit City and wiring info from [url=http://www.the12volt.com]www.the12volt.com[/url] I have never installed anything electrical in a vehicle, so you know it had to be easy if I accomplished it without a problem :D I just ordered your bypass circuit, but have not installed it yet...just haven't had time. It looks like most of your questions have been answered, but just to throw in my $.02 I found the reverse wire by pulling out my fuse box and going from there. It was a black wire, with pink on it...but the pink was more purply than pink. I found at least two other wires that were black/pink, so I just used the one from the fuse box. The VSS wire, I just spliced in behind the wiring harness from the vehicle. I hooked up the AVIC's illumination wire to my dimmer wire, and it works fine....but again, I haven't installed your bypass yet (my AVIC is pre-June '06) And lastly, I put my GPS antennea under my dash. When I took out the radio, there is a bar straight in. I put the antenna on that bar just to the left of the air vent. It works perfectly =) In a couple of weeks I have to pull apart my dash to add in all the extras I recently ordered, hopefully that will go as well as the headunit install! Good luck with your friend's F250.
Michele
Hey cntrylvr79, do you know if the VSS wire is in the radio harness for a 2005 Ford Escape with the Mach 300 stereo (in dash 6 disc changer). And what about where to find the parking brake and reverse wires? I still haven't hooked up those three (yeah, I know I'm being lazy LOL)

TIA,
2005 ford escape

Reverse Light black/pink + driver kick or SJB, conn. C, pin 10
Notes: The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is the fuse/relay box on the passenger side of the center console.

Parking Brake lt. green/red - switch or SJB, conn. D, pin 13
Notes: The SJB (Smart Junction Box) is the fuse/relay box on the passenger side of the center console.

Speed Sense gray/black ABS or brake system control module
Notes: The ABS control module is on the rear driver side of the engine compartment. On the Hybrid models, the brake system control module is on the rear passenger side of the engine compartment.

On vehicles with the 6-disc in-dash CD changer, this wire is also found in the radio harness.

Merry xmas.