AVIC411.com

INTERNET BROWSER

WHAT IF I DOWNLOAD INTERNET EXPLORER V1.1 OR SIMILAR VERSION ON MY F 500 THEN CONNECT MY PHONE IT TO THE INTERNET BY USING BLUETOOTH OR USB. ANYONE CAN THINK OF A WAY TO MAKE THIS WORK. I FIGURE IF I I BOOT INTO TESTMODE. DOWNLAND IE TO THE UNIT. IS THERE AWAY HAVE INTERNET ACCESS VIA A CELLHONE CONNECTED WITH A USB OR BLUETOOTH ENABLE. I CURRRENTLY HAVE THE HTC WING WHICH I CONNECT TO MY LABTOP. I GET INTERNET ACCESS THAT WAY WHEN IM OUT THE HOUSE.

I'm pretty sure he wants to run a browser in Windoes CE, and access the internet with a phone or wireless access card to have internet on the road. That has to be how the Microsoft thing works... right?

I've been wondering the same thing. It wouldn't surprise me if the next software revision includes something like this. It would really open up a lot of capabilities.

i have a suggestion. you can get wireless internet USB cards from verizon or sprint. I had a wireless internet notebook card from verizon and it worked well while my wife was driving and i was using the laptop. I wonder if you used the USB wireless internet card connected to the USB cable from the back of the AVIC? Anyone else tried this?? I bet it would work, which would be very neat. Im just not sure if they make windows CE drivers.

It could work in theory, yes.

It would require a number of things:

[*:29wjtp2d]TCP/IP Stack Installed
    [*:29wjtp2d]Bluetooth Stack with DUN Support
    [*:29wjtp2d]A very minimal browser, basically the mobile version of Internet Explorer for Win CE PDA's.

Now, assuming you could get all these things, then yes, you could surf the web on the AVIC.

• 3 weeks later...

I would not want to srf the net while driving but this would be great to read webmail and check web calendar while stopped. I am waiting the the hack. Who is working on it, definitely not me.

Seriously if anyone figures this out then maybe I would look into wireless internet like Verizon.

While your at it I would like Freecell on my F700BT!