AVIC411.com

Airbag Light on 2009 VW CC after f90bt install

Just had my friend install a pioneer f90bt and when I turned the car on the airbag light is on and it says Airbag Service! VW wants $100 to reset the light, does anyone know if I can do this myself? Don't really have the extra $100 right now but I need this thing reset because it stays on my screen and I would like to get it off.

Resetting error code is possible with (amongst others) VAGCOM and a CAN interface, but won't remove the hardware cause of the error, so it will return upun the next diagnostics run. Make sure that all connectors (specifically to the airbags) are well seated and that you did not tap into the wrong wiring. I am not sure if this alert will auto reset upon the next diag run (system startup) so it might still require a rest with VAGCOM or the dealers CAN soft/hardware.

I know its the completely wrong car, but when I was installing mine on my Fusion, I didn't put the outer bezel back on until I was sure it was working correctly. Well, apparently, if I don't hook up the buttons on the bezel (for the computer and 4-way flashers), I get an airbag light. As soon as it was hooked up, it went away. So maybe there is a slim chance that he forgot to plug something back in?

Your car is a generation-newer bus than mine which is a 2001 A6. On my car, Vag-com cannot reset the airbag code. My airbag module just failed and I replaced it with a brand new one. My Indy shop could not reset the code, I had to take it to the dealer. If it is JUST a code reset, $100 is too much. The Audi dealer did mine for $49, even knowing that I got the module installed elsewhere.

To get to the root of the problem I would ask your friend if during the install he removed any seats, door panels, or other items that may be integrated into the airbag system. A seat, even if the airbag is not in the seat, can still trigger a light if it was disconnected and the key was turned on. They have pressure sensors. However, your car has airbags in the seat, so if it was disconnected for any reason, then the ignition was turned on, it would set the light on.

You can check with NAPA or other parts stores for a code reader. Often times they have a reset. You can rent them by the hour or day.

Good luck, and let us know what you do.

I almost forgot. If you want to try an "untested on your car" method, you could try resetting the computers manually by disconnecting your positive battery terminal at the battery, and grounding it - the wire not the battery. I have done it on a few other cars, and it has worked. DO AT YOUR OWN RISK!! I

I was there in the install. nothing was taken ou (seats, door panels) . All it is is the code needs to be reset. I am taking it to someone with a vag-com to see if they can do it. The airbags still work and everything it just happened because we started the car (to power the radio) before connect the plug back into the top radio face panel. I just hope the vag-com will fix it cuz I will not pay $100 for someone at the dealership to reset the code.

• 2 months later...

Was the emergency flasher button above the radio disconnected? That will cause a warning light to come on and can only be reset by a vagcom or dealer. I dunno if the CC has the button in question since I never been in one.

Another thing that might caused to come on is if your friend used a lot of the battery juice while installing the system. If the battery is drained to the point that the car will struggle to turn it will cause the airbag light to come on. If you were in Ireland, I would reset it for ya. If you located in the states go to vwvortex.com and there is lots of members that could do it for ya. You just need to ask nicely :D

Hth