AVIC411.com

f700bt sytem start up reboot problem

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine just started doing this exact same thing two days ago. The 2.0 update has been installed since last October and working without problems so I don't think it is that. Have you had any other responses on this? I tried to go back are reload the 2.0 update but the system refuses to see the files on the SD card. I have no navigation and am wondering if somehow the maps got blown away. They should have been in some sort of FLASH on board and not subject to damage but clearly something bad has happened. Smells like a software issue.

When this first happened the system was coming up with the camera mode message on the screen (which I do not have installed) indicating the image on the screen is reverse. Turned off camera mode and that went away. All my station preset for FM were gone as well. That might be some sort of clue.

AN update.

I have been fooling with this for a little while this evening. Here are some things I have noticed:

1) The system will not boot the update files on the SD card from power up, or under any other circumstances for that matter. The SD icon is greyed out unless you place the SD car in the machine with a media file (e.g. MP3) on the card. Even then it will not list the media files on the card nor play them.

2) The wait for system to come p message on the banner page never goes away.

3) If you try to go to the Navigation menu from the start page you get the big disclaimer window and you cannot get off that page, regardless of how many times you OK the page.

4) The system resets periodically on its own, reboots and all the same symptoms persist.

5) AM and FM seem to work.

6) When trying to use the iPod connection, the iPod acts as if it has no idea what you just connected to it and give a message to that effect in it display.

This is looking fairly grim.

Anyone out there have any ideas on this one?

I loaded up the Testmode SW and made a copy of My Flash Disk to the SD card. I took it back to my computer and looked around. One thing I noticed was that the size of the My Flash Disk is only 85.6MB. From some of the other posts I got the impression it should be much larger (>1.5GB). IS this because of the map files? I suspect my maps may be missing. I am going to try a reinstall of the 2.0 update first and see what that does. I'll let you know what I find.

OK that didn't go so well. I loaded up the 2.0 update onto the SD making sure to observe the exact order of folders and files as described on the Pioneer website. I brought it out to the head unit and it refuses to autoboot from it. The unit comes up normally as if it doesn't see the SD card at all.

I took a peek in the head units menu system and it sees the SD card. When I try to open it, it behaves as if it thinks it might have some content on it like MP3s but nothing is displayed.

Any ideas as to why my unit wont boot from the 2.0 update?

For those following along, Pioneer claims the order of the files and folders needs to be:

LPUE080

TTS

CK5000_330_rls.bin

flash_p4_lwp.bin

rtl_115200_8192_p4.bin

I double checked and the SD if formatted FAT32 and there are no other files on the card.

OK.....went through the insanity thing. You know the one where you do the same thing several times and keep getting the same outcome but try again homing for something different......

Reformatted the SD card to FAT 32

Re-downloaded the 2.0 update files direct from Pioneer

Decompressed them and arranged them on the SD as prescribed on the Pioneer site.

Popped it in the head and no good. Head refuses to recognize the SD card. Boots to spach screen and eventually to top menu. Navi is DOA. Can't get past the disclaimer screen.

Radio works. However I noticed it is having issue recalling my previous presets. That's odd. Every so many minutes it reboots with the same results.

Frustrating.

I did not notice that when in test mode the head does not reset itself. Ever. This makes me think that there is something very bad going on in the application software. But since I can't reload the 2.0 update the normal way, I am basically hosed.

Could I go in through Test Mode and drop the 2.0 update files onto the flash disk in the head ? I know it's Windows with all of its many DLL's and other magic fairy dust it likes to sprinkle all over the place.

It also puzzles me that it looks as if my maps are gone. This all just happened mysteriously. It was probaly a coincidence but it occurred right after popping the latest U2 CD into the head. Perhaps Pioneer or Microsoft really don't like Bono.

OK I lied. ....turns out after a period of time (longer than when it is running with the normal application SW) it will eventually reset its way out of the Test Mode (Windows CE desktop). Crap. I tried directly copying the APL folders from the update to the FLASH in the head unit. It didn't seem to make any difference.

Interesting tidbit. There is a very cool piece of software in one of the APL directories that I believe is called GPSView and it gives you a constantly updated display of the satellites the receiver sees, their relative signal strengths and so forth.

I have been thinking that maybe if I could get a copy of somone's working and updated 2.0 FLASH drive image from their head unit, I could simply replace my FLASH disk image in my head unit with it and all should be right with the world.

What do you guys think? I could either send a memory stick or maybe open up access to some disk space I pay for on the web. From what I have read it sounds like this image is on the order of 1.6GB or so. I am about out of ideas.

im monitoring this thread as your situation is similar to what i'm experiencing. i DO have all the map files i believe (1.6gb on my SD).

my system reboots every so often. i realize it's not a hardware issue because unlike turning off the car and turning it back on, the music (from radio or cd or ipod) should play automatically. my reboots are as if i hit the reset button, just stays in the opening screen.

When your unit comes up on the first page (the one with the nav, contacts and music icons) does it continue to display the "System is booting. Please Wait" (or whatever the exact words are) banner? Mine does that until it reboots which might be in as little as 3 minutes or so.

Driving to work this morning (about a 45 minute drive) it was rebooting over and over again. I times one of them at around 3 minutes, but it kind of looks like it varies.

I really think the HW is not the issue here. This smells like something in the OS got corrupted. In my case I believe it also maybe that I have somehow lost my maps.

Would you (Spaceman Spiff) be interested in having me either send you a memory stick or give you access to a server so I could get a copy of your flash disk contents. I am curious to see if your load works the same on my machine.

When your unit comes up on the first page (the one with the nav, contacts and music icons) does it continue to display the "System is booting. Please Wait" (or whatever the exact words are) banner? Mine does that until it reboots which might be in as little as 3 minutes or so.

Mine always does random reboot while it's working normally for anywhere from 0-60 minutes (or more). Only once it reboots over and over again at the opening page. After 3 tries it booted up normally and continued working.

Driving to work this morning (about a 45 minute drive) it was rebooting over and over again. I times one of them at around 3 minutes, but it kind of looks like it varies.

I really think the HW is not the issue here. This smells like something in the OS got corrupted. In my case I believe it also maybe that I have somehow lost my maps.

Would you (Spaceman Spiff) be interested in having me either send you a memory stick or give you access to a server so I could get a copy of your flash disk contents. I am curious to see if your load works the same on my machine.

You want what's in my unit now? Or you want what I have on my SD card? I have a totally virgin copy of the flashdisk files I saved for myself after I did the 2.0 update. I reloaded all those files into my unit a week ago trying to solve this problem. It hasn't solve anything yet.

Tonight I'll have the hardware bypass undone. I'll see if this might solve the problem. Just trial and error here.

OK....I give.... What is the "Hardware bypass" you speak of?

Was your unit running normally right after the 2.0 update? If so I believe what I want is what you said was on your SD card (the post 2.0 backup of the flash disk). This feels like something in the SW has gone south. At some point my iPod works, radio works, CD works it just doesn't work for long and reboot occurs. The SD does not seem to recognize MP3 nor does it recognize the 2.0 update files. It does however recognize the toolkit files and poking around the Won CE files I found a GPS program that looks like the GPS is working.

Hardware bypass is by relocating the mute wire on the harness, you're now able to watch DVD and input GPS routes with the vehicle in motion (pretty much a parking brake bypass).

Yes my system ran fine after the 2.0 update. After weeks of normal operation, the system starts acting weird.

In order for me to reinstall all the flask disk files from my SD to the unit, I had to boot into TESTMODE and copy and paste all files from my SD to the flask disk. That's the only way to overwrite the system files.