AVIC411.com

f700bt sytem start up reboot problem

OK so here is my present predicament. "Another GSXR 1K" made available the image of a virgin flash drive on a free storage site on the web. I downloaded those files, so far so good.

I booted the toolkit and when I attempted to copy the virgin files to replace my broken files I got a system error message regarding insufficient flash disk space. Well I got the idea of deleting each folder and manually copying the virgin version from my SD back to the flash drive in the AVIC. SO far so good......except I apparently had the ignition off and the power off delay in the truck timed out somewhere in the middle of that process and turned off the AVIC.

When I turned it back on, the toolkit starts to boot, but part way through that process the AVIC turns itself OFF. Not so good. Looks like I bricked it unless someone can come up with a way to recover from this. What a dumbass.....

For your issue I would highly recommend having the above mentioned user allow you access to the files and get a copy of those. Put them somewhere safe (for future reference) and then replace your flash drive files with the virgin ones. NOTE: DON'T ALLOW THE POWER TO THE AVIC TO TURN OFF DURING THAT PROCESS

Anyway here I sit. I will be looking for some additional clues on how I might recover. Otherwise a trip to the Pioneer service center is in the future for my unit.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK.....so I went out and started with a virgin copy of the "My Flash Disk" contents. I modified evey instance I could find (e.g SYS.TXT and other .txt files) to point to my SD Card (Storage Card in AVIC parlance). Moved these files to the top director of a freshly formatted SD card. Plugged the card in the HU and gave it a whirl. Not happening. The unit puts up the splash screen (in my case the blue pool of water with ripples) about maybe 10 -15 seconds later the unit turns off.

If I put the Testmode stuff at the top level of the directory, the sequence is similar accept that after the splash screen comes up, it flashes that screen once, pauses and then puts up the load status bar like it is going to load the TestMode software. It starts to load......then turns off. Shit.

After reading around the hack part of the site and looking over the service manual, it is not clear to me that once the My Flash Drive stuff is lost that it is even possible to load from the SD. I noticed in the manual that if the boot doesn't come up after about 20 seconds, they direct the tech to check a few things and then replace the Navigation Unit.

If someone has actually deleted their "My Flash Drive" files and had success with booting from an SD card with a copy of the AVIC files on it, I would really love to hear from you.

Many, Many (continued?) thanks to "Another GSXR 1K" for your help and consideration. I may be coming up on that time when I need to pull the HU and ship it back to Pioneer (it's still under warranty).

By the way "Another GSXR 1K".....I looked over the Leetcode thread. It loks to me like it works off the SD card well enough, but only if the unit has functioning files on My Flash Drive. Not quite my situation. One other thing, do you have the bike that goes with your username? I could have called myself "Another Triumph Sprint ST 955" In that case.

Can't resolve this so its back to Pioneer. I suspect after the stellar performance of this unit (sudden brain (flash disk) damage) that I might be looking real serious at the competitors products in future car audio purchases. Apparently Pioneer is not the juggernaut it once was in this market segment. Oh well.....looking forward to the 3.0 upgrade to see if they have addressed even more of the shortcomings of this unit. I will check in and let you know how this all turns out after I get the unit back from Pioneer.

A special slice of raisin pie to "Another GSXR 1K" for his diligence and helpful advice to try and revive my ailing unit. That is what makes forums like this so great. Thanks to everyone who helped and not so much to those who just looked, like passing by a traffic accident, and said nothing.

Many, Many (continued?) thanks to "Another GSXR 1K" for your help and consideration. I may be coming up on that time when I need to pull the HU and ship it back to Pioneer (it's still under warranty).

By the way "Another GSXR 1K".....I looked over the Leetcode thread. It loks to me like it works off the SD card well enough, but only if the unit has functioning files on My Flash Drive. Not quite my situation. One other thing, do you have the bike that goes with your username? I could have called myself "Another Triumph Sprint ST 955" In that case.

No problem Tender, I try to help folks out when I can. There has to be a way to get your HU running, it would/will just take some thought and fiddling around to figure it out. but like you said, yours is under warranty and just shipping it off may be the easier option.

I do have the bike, I currently have a 2006 GSXR 1000, it's a fun, fast toy, got that to replace a stolen 01 1000. I also have an 03 750 that I do trackdays with. Got that one for too good of a deal to pass on. Picked that up a couple years ago on the cheap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

OK I got the system back to just restarting over and over. I got it to satop turning off after the splash screen by adding the APL folder to the Mitacap folder in the test files disk. then it copied it to the flash disk, atleast for me that was the file I deleted prior to having the shutoff problem. Now its back to having the system startup msg and then rebooting after 5 minutes. I have all the files from another gsxr 1k but I'm not sure where to put them as when I look at my sytem they are not the same. If anyone has some incite to this I would appreciate it and hopefully the test mode copy trick will help someone else.

For some reason the files in the Igo folder are corrupt where all the file names are garbage, the system wont let me delete them. I can copy new ones into the folder but doesnt help yet, anyone have any ideas?

You'll probably have to format the flash drive and load it from scratch. THere is a utility in the control panel that does this.

OK, today I got the stereo back into operation. I had corrupt files in the igo folder and wouldnt let me delete or rename or move the files or anything. Anyway I got monkeying around in the control panel and I found an icon that says storage manager, it let me dismount the "My FlasH Disc" and then format it and viola i could now copy all the original files on to it Provided to me by another gsxr 1k, Thank you so very much and his files are already the 2.0 version right after that I restarted it and it worked perfect so far.

Hey Guys,

Been lurking since my install in march. I did the hardware bypass and customized the splash with info/files found here. Its a great community.

Anyway about a week ago, my F700BT's VR stopped working. Yesterday, the touch screen began to be very slow or not responsive. As the day went on, the unit started randomly rebooting. I did the 2.006 update and it went well, but the problems persist.

Again, when not rebooting or hanging on a touchscreen input, most of the functionality works(am/fm/navsat reception).

Ive tried soft and hard reboots.

I've read enough over the last 4 months to understand how to reinstall the software. I do not have the files(aside from the 2.006 update I did yesterday).

I am dreading sending it back to pioneer on monday. Last ditch suggestions?

THANK YOU!

-cat

• 10 months later...