AVIC411.com

Best place to purchase D2

yep, ebay has gathered the scam rep on its own, its nothing new that I made up. And since there is more scams then not, in my experience, that is why the "ill will". Use ebay if you like, but if and when you get screwed, do not come complain in ear shot of me, cuz if i hear it, i will laugh and tell you I told you so.

paisannyc exactly, or even the people who think they are getting such a great deal, and are blind to the obvious fact that there is something amiss with such a low ball price. Hell, they have d2's for $200 on ebay. For those that say ebay is soooo great, go ahead and buy that 200 dollar d2 and lets see just how you make out... but you wont not cuz you dont have the money or dont need the d2, but because you have more sense then that and know that its a scam.

thats my 2 cents
While there are certainly a fair share of scammers on eBay, its not only unfair, but blatantly WRONG to say that there are more scammers than legit auctions.

eBay is an extremely safe place to shop as long as you have some common sense. You're not going to get a brand new $1200 unit for $200. If you think you are, then maybe you need to get scammed to learn something for the future.

However, to those who buy legit auctions and get the D2s for $600-700 bucks, I have no ill will. I hope that their units never break and you shouldn't wish that they do break. I agree that they shouldn't complain if Pioneer won't cover the warranty, but you shouldn't hope that their unit breaks; thats just not right.

The people who buy the AVICs on eBay are taking a chance since they should know Pioneer won't cover their warranties. They got a discount for taking that chance, a chance any of us are able to take if we want the same discount.

eBay isn't a bad place at all and its not fair to label everyone who sells on eBay as scammers. I know a lot of good people who do business on eBay; a lot more good people than I do scammers.

Oh and as I write this the Cardinals just wrapped up their World Series win. Congrats to them even though I'm a diehard Yankee fan. Its nice to see those damn Tigers lose for once :twisted:
and ? so? Theres plenty of posts on the net let alone here about people getting something they didnt think was the product from their ebay auction, and bitchin about it.... Like I said, my experience has been MUCH less then positive with ebay. MY EXPERIENCE has shown me far MORE scammers then not. You are entitled to your own opinion. Theres plenty who agree with me and who dont. dont let it bother you though cuz in the end things will be what they will be.

heres one, granted not on ebay, but still [url=http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16039#16039]http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=16039#16039[/url]
Lets see purchased my D2 @ Ebay Store on ebay! Full warranty at resonable $700 price. Geez who would have guessed that Ebay was so legit. If you purchase Pioneer equipment from an actually ebay store wholesaler you still get full warranty privleges. Email Pioneer straight from the horses mouth! Your ebay transaction number is your reciept (proof of purchase). If you buy it from some guy on ebay that bought a D2 then decided to sell it, NO! warranty. (Duh) Yeah there are scammers on ebay, $200 wow sounds too good to be true! Thats why you buy from a person who accepts Paypal. Paypal will protect you up to $10,000 on purchases. Being that I started this thread let me end it at saying Thank you all for your help!!
Your right, ebay has some shady people who will rip you off- I have been taken 2 times, the first one for 25.00 dollars, the second time for 300.00, I worked with PP, got my money back, was able to keep the product and then sold and made 200 more off that. I have purchased over 150 items and some of them high dollar and been screwed 2 times. I know what to look for and what not to look for. I'm not afraid of the place and if you have had more bad than good, then maybe its not so much ebay but what your doing? the low dollar price on high end electronics are so easy to see if there is a scam or not, if your not smart enough to understand or pick that up, then you should be burned.

btw - the 300.00 item was from a reputable dealer, we emailed I had proof in the item they said would work, it didn't they didn't want to work an exhange out and I worked with PP and got the money, product and then more money. So you can win if you do it right.

Here's a thought, I buy a D1/2 through a dealer, 1 year warranty and costs me say 1100, the unit works for 2 years and dies, will pioneer fix it then? sure but it will cost me. Now I buy a unit from ebay for 700, runs for 2 years and dies, will Pioneer fix it, sure same deal at that point they don't care about who you bought it from, you pay for it, I just saved 500+ tax and got a product that worked fine for that amount of time and am in no worse situation. Now your right, it can die in 2 months and I'm screwed its a chance we take at some point on everything we do -

I also read the link about the product posted in another area, first clue was no rating? I would have ran right there -
[quote name="pontiacpassion"]Lets see purchased my D2 @ Ebay Store on ebay! Full warranty at resonable $700 price. Geez who would have guessed that Ebay was so legit. If you purchase Pioneer equipment from an actually ebay store wholesaler you still get full warranty privleges. Email Pioneer straight from the horses mouth! Your ebay transaction number is your reciept (proof of purchase). [/quote]
Good luck with the warranty. Sounds like you got a response from a rep who has no idea what they were talking about. Simply because an item is new in box does not make the seller an authorized dealer! I hope you never have to find out the fate of authorized warranty service!
exactly paisannyc, Ill make you a receipt right now, heck I can make a dozen, that isnt what the warranty is. "proof of purchase" is NOT warranty, its just that proof you purchased it. Now, an authorized dealer is another story, and well ebay isnt one of those, your welcome to call pioneer and ask them about ebay, they will happily explain to you that their authorized dealers do NOT sell on ebay. so uhh good luck on that one. Hope you dont have to use it. AND it sounds like ( I could be wrong ) that your ebay seller has duped you into thinking something that isnt true.. hence the "scam" accusation earlier.

Each is entitled to their own opinions, as for me and mine, I have had far more dealings with scam artists then legit on ebay, so thats why it gets the bad rap with me. the tools at your disposal are garbage... ratings... feedback... paypal policies... it is almost never ending with the bs. Even people who seemingly arent intending to deliver something different then what you purchase often do anyways.. A friend just bought a video card through ebay, said it was brand new.. he got it saw it was used.. seller said "oh.. my son had it and must of been using it" yeah right ok. That is why ebay gets the negative light and the seller has to prove they are good , NOT the other way around where I assume they are good until I find out differently.