AVIC411.com

Best place to purchase D2

[quote name="vijaja"]So if I buy off eBay and need to RMA it within the 1st year, am I not covered by Pioneer Warranty services?[/quote]

probably not b/c u have no real receipt. and they'll claim there's otherwise no proof you bought it "new" despite what seller wrote in his auction. risk u take for getting a $700 discount!
[quote name="vijaja"]If you look at Amazon, they have it for like $700 which isn't bad at all.[/quote]

I just looked at that, and it appears that the unit is being sold by Etronics (using Amazon's store front). I checked Pioneer's authorized reseller list, and I don't see Etronics on there. Just a warning for those who are looking for warranties.
Umm getting it from a certified Pioneer store will cost you $1200 and to top it off they will overcharge you for installtion or any accessories you may need. I've seen avic-d2's go as cheap as $600 if your patient and bid last minute on no reserve auctions, so even if it did break down on you, the cost to fix it would be much less then $300 and even with the cost to replace it you'd still be basically breaking even. Then the warranty is only one year and pioneer might tell you that you caused the damage and tell you to suck it.
what are you mad? 1200 from a auth pioneer retailer? maybe circumcity or bogusbuy but there are other dealers out there thatll do it for much less and still have a warranty. Personally, it may be bad to say but I hope each and ever ebay auction turns out bad for the avics. ebay is a scam as it is, let alone the clowns that try to save a buck. mom always said "you get what you pay for" so try it like its been said and get if for 600 and if it breaks fix it for 300 and toss in some of your own time and energy and hopfully you wont be anywhere near worth just doing it right from the get go.
[quote name="tillithz"]Personally, it may be bad to say but I hope each and ever ebay auction turns out bad for the avics. ebay is a scam as it is, let alone the clowns that try to save a buck.[/quote]

This is an unfair and completely inaccurate statement. While there are certainly plenty of scammers on Ebay, there are also plenty of real people auctioning real things. Sure, almost all of them are unauthorized resellers and thus you won't have a factory warranty, but so what? Some people are okay with that and are willing to take the risk. Why wish all those people ill will? There are also plenty of honest people selling used equipment on Ebay (myself included), so is selling and buying second-hand AVICs on Ebay also a scam? There is no warranty on a second-hand item, either, but does that make it a scam?