AVIC411.com

F900BT to Rear Monitors

Good Morning All. I am interested in purchasing the F900BT and installing it in my Tundra. I have a couple questions that I can't seem to find the answers to: 1. If I do the bypass can I turn a movie on and still use the navigation system? 2. My goal is to push the video out into the auxilliary input on my rear DVD players, so that I can control the DVD from the front of the vehicle and still use the navigation? Do these systems have an auxilliary video out, if not, can anybody think of a way to make this work? Thanks!

i dont think this works on the 900 or the 90f. What is on the headunit screen will be whats on the other screens so you cant say have a movie Mr. Deeds playing on headrest screens and a active route on your headunit. Other headunits do this they will even split the sound so only back 2 speakers are movie and the front are music / gps / phone. I have the f-90 and im 90% sure i know what im talking about :twisted:

the key word i think is called "Duel Zone" to do what u want to do.

i had it limited down to a f-90 and a kenwood 5120, i almost got the ken since it has a little large screen and was duel zone and the f-90 wasent. I hope im wrong and some one corrects me but i dont think so.

p.s. i also have a tundra and so far a love my f-90 but i dont have any rear screens ethier.

the 900 is NOT dual zone - what is displayed on the headunir displays on the video out!

No one is talking dual zone - I specifically acknowledged that about 3 or 4 posts up.

if you just want to watch the same movie on the front and the back then yes you can as long as it is a F900 or F90 (the F700 does not have video outs)

in one of my other installers trailblazer we have rigged up a kinda dual zone(since he has a F700 with out a video out), by using a splitter on the video cable for the Ipod, and sending the Ipods video to the back screen while he uses the nav in the front

OK, there seems to be conflicting answers here.

I went from an N2 (nice dual zone) to a D3 no dual but you can play a movie on the aux screens and run the navi on the main screen. Are you guys saying that you can't do this on the F series? I am thinking of moving from my D3 to the F-900 but this could possibly hold me back. I still miss the dual zone on the N2 and this would take me even further away from those days!!!

Someone please clarify! Thanks...

i have the f 90bt in the expedition(with dual monitors in the back) and it works great!! the kids can watch sponge bob and i can use navigation at the same time.you may have to turn the navi voice off or listen to the kids scream every time the navi voice breaks in. I did a comparison of the 90 and the 900 and the only real difference was the 90 has a preamp voltage of 4 volts and the 900 has 2.2. This only affects output to an amplifier. Hope that helps.

by the way. I had both of mine "professionally" installed ( i had an external dvd before to both screens)so they probably used the existing video splitter.

i have the f 90bt in the expedition(with dual monitors in the back) and it works great!! the kids can watch sponge bob and i can use navigation at the same time.you may have to turn the navi voice off or listen to the kids scream every time the navi voice breaks in. I did a comparison of the 90 and the 900 and the only real difference was the 90 has a preamp voltage of 4 volts and the 900 has 2.2. This only affects output to an amplifier. Hope that helps.

by the way. I had both of mine "professionally" installed ( i had an external dvd before to both screens)so they probably used the existing video splitter.

Perfect, that's the info I was looking for. Sounds like it is set up how my D3 is currently.

Hmmm...decisions, decisions!

• 1 month later...

So do you manually start the video on the ipod and then select Map on the F90? so the video splits off before it goes to the Pioneer and goes directly to the rear displays?