AVIC411.com

2005 xterra install help

Hello,

I posted an earlier post but now im in to the install part. I've posted some pics of my car without the cd player and took measurements. Im concered the d2 wont fit so id like some help from the gurus. I'm by no means a installer but it did only take me 10 minutes to remove the dash and take out my cd player....maybe i can do this after all (if it fits!!). I hope, i spent 450 dollars on the d2, im just waiting for it to arrive in the mail is why i cant check it yet....plus if it wont fit i m ight be able to get a refund before hand some im beating time here. Circuit city's website says the d2 wont fit, their road shop says it will WTF is going on here!!!

btw, where is my vss wire and my parking brake wire on the xterra, to get the most out of this thing i need to attach the vss and ground the parking brake if im researching the right.
The D2 [u]will[/u] fit. I know this because I just put one in my X.
Use the brackets that are on the factory radio. Will bolt right up. Only problem is there will be about a 1/8 gap on the bottom of radio. You will understand it when you see it. All I did was use black piece of plastic and used the trim ring as a template and cut out my own ring and placed it around the radio and when you snap the front dash trim it holds it in place. Looks pretty slick, you would never notice it. So don't get a refund because it will indeed fit. I can get pics up later on today if you want. I am actually at work now installing my XM module. Got tired of the interface on Sirius.
Good luck!
VSS is light blue in the radio harness, you don't need the parking brake wire if you plan on bypassing the video lockout so you can use all nav functions while driving, and reverse lights are also light blue in the driver's door sill harness that runs to the rear of the truck. Happy hunting!
thanks for the information.

I went CC and they are saying that even if I bypass the parking brake wire the d2 has a giroscope so it wont work. I told them that plently of people are doing this so I wasn't convinced. Either way, they said the parking brake wire also locks out video playback from an a/v input which sucks...is this true? If so bypassing the parking brake is more than worth it but im still confused on this whole giroscope suggestion??

If I ground the parking brake, do I have to ground the reverse wire? I dont really want to have to take my door panel off.

The 400 D2 is somewhat misleading. I was given a free 260 amazon.com rebate so i ended up only paying 400 out of pocket. the total was actually 680.

Pics would be awesome man. I dont see many xterras on the web with this unit.
Sorry for the delay on pics but here they are:
1st: My X
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Termminaator/PA220062.jpg[/img]
2nd: The D2 with XM
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Termminaator/PA220066.jpg[/img]
3rd: The Shield playing off Ipod Video
[img]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e97/Termminaator/PA220065.jpg[/img]
vidoe quality is not that great because of a cheap 10 dollar cable, getting an Apple cable this week.
Any questions on pulling any panels just ask. I have taken them all off now.
Quick question about the XM. Does the XM unit without traffic data (the one that doesn't use a data cable as well as the IP Bus) allow the graphical interface shown on your D2? I love Sirius but the interface is so crappy that if I can have the XM unit that shows those graphics along with the artist name, song, etc. all at once I might definately make the switch again.
[quote name="jimmy303"]The XM unit will have the same GUI on both the GEX-P920XM and the GEX-P10XMT, the dataq cable only carries traffic, stocks and sports info, as well as your favorite song alerts.[/quote]

Exactly what I needed. I think I finally saw this info after rereading my instruction manual for the 3rd time as I thought that it was saying that the GEX-P920 XM didn't have the GUI interface but instead it was talking about the older GEX-P910XM.
[quote name="jimmy303"]The 910 didn't support as many characters, the graphics for station identification, etc.[/quote]

I think I might have even had the 910 in my previous car. Was the 910 the unit Pioneer launched along with the launch of XM Radio several years ago? Because I remember right when it came out my girlfriend (now my wife) bought me a nice (at least for back then) Pioneer headunit and Pioneer hardware which only displayed 8 characters and offered no scrolling abilities.