AVIC411.com

F700 Low GPS Volume even though it is at max.

Well ... I just installed my new AVIC-F700BT. I haven't been with Pioneer in quite some time. It's in a Chrysler 300C using an Access CDT-01 device to keep the amp.

Smooth install but after a quick test drive, while the music is plenty loud, the navigation voice is far too soft. I played with the navigation settings and turned up the master and voice volume to 100% without much improvement. I'm suspicious I missed a setting or that it's because I'm using the line outs (to the amp) rather than the standard volume control....

If there is a hack to increase the volume I'm happy to try that as well.

PS> unrelated but plugging in a 16GB Patriot USB Drive sure took a long time for it to come up...then it took a long time to start the media (a movie which it did automatically). Long time = 45 seconds. It stuttered and froze the player. Just the type of file (HD) or does the non hacked player have issues like this?

I noticed the same thing today, try turning up the System Volume. Its not in the nav menu, (its in the system one). I did this and the voice setting in the nav menu seems to be tied to the whole system settings. Which means if you turn down the system to get rid of the beeps, you wont hear the nav directions...1st post....so hope this works. =)

I ended up cheating. I'm using the factory amp and an Access adapter on the Pioneer line out. Luckily the Access adapter has a way to "increase" the lineout volume. The sound isn't quite as clear as it was before at the same volume but nav and phone voices are easily heard. Maybe I'll find tune at some point or look into hacking higher volumne into the device but for now... I'm satisfied.

as easy as that may seem you will be kicking yourself later down the road after you blow those speakers.. the distortion you are hearing is clipping.. it will slowly kill your speakers as it puts out square waves and in turn more power but clipped/distorted.. unless you don't turn it up as loud as you were previously..