AVIC411.com

Whats The Difference ...

..Between these commands:

"visiblemodel=!navigation.distance_to_manuver.valid"

and....

"visiblemodel="gps.valid"

Thanx,

Bud

Depends on context, but basically the former will be visible if you do NOT have a valid distance to next maneuver (basically, not navigating) and the later one will be visible if you have a GPS lock...

Okay...that makes sense.

I was just modding my navmap file and was making the buttons fade out (from alpha32 to alpha20) after I got the code strings figured out and a for instance, lets take the "POI select button" I currently have. In the code I am copying from, the string reads:

And the code I am modifying reads:

...and was just going to replace the "BUTTON xxx" with "BUTTON btnNMB_poi_onmap"...as I have added all of the necessary strings in the common/navmap files to bring these up:

And both iterations seemed to behave the same.

That is what I was questioning. I know that the "!" is the modifier in this case makes the string active when navigating so both are the same in that aspect. One ends in "USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>" and the other is without.

So, then either one will work?

Thanx,

Bud

That is what I was questioning. I know that the "!" is the modifier in this case makes the string active when navigating so both are the same in that aspect. One ends in "USE_SEPARATED_SAFETY_MODE=0>" and the other is without.

So, then either one will work?

Thanx,

Bud

Actually ! means NOT, so it would be visible when not navigating (well, sorta... I suppose there could be a situation when you are navigating, but there's no valid distance yet, i.e. you are pulling out from a parking lot).