AVIC411.com

GPS Problems (Car pointing wrong direction)

Recently my Z1 started acting up. For example if I was driving north the orientation arrow showed me facing east and driving left down the road. I have tried to use the modify current location and swing the direction around. This works for a little bit but not really. Does anyone have any advice to help with this problem.

I also purchased a Z3 upgraded HDD and installed it. I can't really tell the difference between it and the Z1. Do I have to manually turn on the 3D buildings or do I just need to be in a big city. What are some of the noticible Z3 differences so I know I didn't get scammed.

Thanks

Check your gps antenna strength (possibly bad or loose antenna). If it good, then reset all your 3D calibration settings. If you did not get a virgin Z3 image, it may have calibration data from the previous user...

Check the version number in your hardware settings to confirm it is ver 3.00xx.

You will need to change your map view to 'driver's view', be zoomed in, and in an area that has 3D buildings.

Good Luck!

• 1 month later...
Your gps antenna has probably come loose and is pointing to the right. Just make sure it's firmly pointing forward with double stick tape or something like that.

Doesn't make any difference which way the antenne is pointing, it doesn't have a front or back ...

GPS determines position of travel by looking at consecutive positions..

As long as it isn't upside-down (you won't receive satelites then) you're ok .. :wink: