AVIC411.com

F700BT Intalled in 2004 Chevy Avalanche

I recently completed the install of the F700BT in a Chevrolet Avalanche and thought I would post some pictures, since I haven't seen any. I still have a ton to learn about the unit and am wondering already if I should have done the hardware bypass. Want to find a simple way to play movies on the unit while it is moving and need ot learn the language of all the software hacks, because even though I am reading everything I can, it makes no sense to me...computer illiterate :oops:

Dissassembled Dash

[attachment=2]Dash Dissassembled.jpg[/attachment]

A picture while the sun was still up

[attachment=1]light installed.jpg[/attachment]

The dash illuminated

[attachment=0]Dark Installed.jpg[/attachment]

Install was painless. I ran the HD radio box down behind the cubbys near the ciglighter/12 volt source and then under the cupholders in the centerconsole. Ran the blue tooth microphone and navigation antennae from the roof cubby area down the pillar on the drivers side and across under the steering wheel column.

The worst part was getting all of the wires jammed in behind the unit. I think there is a lot of space behind the instrument cluster, but I don't know if that is a good place to put electronics that may interfere with the cluster.

Not sure the steering wheel controls are worth it yet due ot the delay, but it may just be a comfort thing.

For the most part I like the unit. I would like to do some hacks to make it a little better, but am a little uncomfortable still...probably just need to work through it once.

Also, a guy posted an Icon of an avalanche as an .srf file that i am going to look into having put into the unit. He posted it at thae Chevy Avalanche Fan Club of North America site. I tried to attach it here, but srf files are not allowed.

The only issues I m having is that I can't use FM or AM radio settings, only HD. I am not sure if that is how HD is, or if I had a plug come loose. I also didn't do the hardware bypass so that I can screw around with navi settings while moving and watch video (or so passengers can watch video I guess), but think when I install a backup camera that I will. We were just going to do the software bypass.

If/when you connect the steering wheel module, make sure you use the right size splice. we used one that was too big and had issues, so we tried a bunch of stuff that made things a little more difficult in the end.