AVIC411.com

NEW HD RADIO GEX-P20HD Install/Review

UPDATE: VIDEO HERE >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVdBRNmp_QA

I will install the P20 later today and will post my complete review of it here after I'm finished. I picked it up from Al's and Ed's ($102 w/AAA discount) and immediately saw that on the back it states that Itunes tagging is NOT compatible with the F series (see pic) so thats a bummer, heres a few pics for you while I get it installed....

IMG_5115.jpg

IMG_5116.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up the 10hd for $61 from Amazon last month. Didn't notice the 20hd...is there a difference? Just curious...

I figured for that little I might as well try it. Funny thing was it's the HD AM that was my inspiration! It's great for news radio, games etc.

so does the gex-20hd still cut audio out from analog to digital every 30 seconds? my gex-10hd does and i cant keep the setting on digital bc its very annoying. the only reason why i have it hooded up is because i get station information on it.

pioneer is a load of crap. as expensive as they are trying to sell the units ($1200 retail) they should put out a fw update to enable itunes tagging! what the hell are they thinking??? i really like the unit but cmon pioneer, get your act together!

I did get a response to my PM from cronerd on this subject.

He did get it installed. He was trying to put together a video review. Hopefully will post it soon.

Does any one know any differences at all as far as functionality is concerned between the 10hd and the 20hd.

I really want to install one and only the 10hd are readily available and they are around $60.

I personally own AVIC-F900BT and I think the main problems with the P10 is..

1) presets do not work or show any text

2) no text showing the name of the song, artist or station

I've noted before that I've had my P10 connected to two other HUs (FH-P8000BT, DEH-P7000BT) besides the F90 and it worked perfectly - including preset info and song info. The issues aren't in the tuner - it is in the F-series.

The name of the song and artist do show up, you just have to hit 'disp' to scroll through them. That's a lot of fun when you're driving. I personally think that there should be enough lines of data to show it all at the same time.