AVIC411.com

NEW HD RADIO GEX-P20HD Install/Review

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

New poster here and past lurker ;)

Anyway I just picked up the Avic - F700bt and I just ordered the P20 from Amazon....has anyone tried this since the last firmware update? I know it doesn't say anything in the update notes but maybe it is fixed for some odd reason? Are you guys with the p20 still enjoying HD Radio?

AVIC F-Series Firmware Update Change History

Applicable models: AVIC-F90BT, AVIC-F900BT, AVIC-F700BT, AVIC-F7010BT

Ver 2.006

CHANGE HISTORY:

- Fixes the case that Automatic Time Correction does not change

time

- Updates XM channel icon graphics

- Enhances reliability during firmware update process

I just ordered p10 for f90bt not realizing p20 was already available. Should i get p20 instead. is there any significant difference between the two? after going through this thread it seems that the consensus is that there isnt much. I am getting my f90bt installed in a week or so..i would rather put a P20 if it better than p10

I just ordered p10 for f90bt not realizing p20 was already available. Should i get p20 instead. is there any significant difference between the two? after going through this thread it seems that the consensus is that there isnt much. I am getting my f90bt installed in a week or so..i would rather put a P20 if it better than p10

I haven't used the P20 but the P10 works as expected with the exception of visible presets. It basically only shows you the numbers and which FM band you're viewing. I only wish you could manually set the preset text somehow.

Just installed the p20 over the weekend and I like it just again have the same issue with blank presets (f700bt) and the only other thing I notice is the audio goes analog to digital a lot, also has a tendency for the volume to go up and down ever so slightly, does anyone know how to boost the signal?

• 2 months later...

Hi everyone.

I just installed the p20 on a f700bt. I too have the same issue with the presets that everyone else is having a problem with. I agree with another post here...this is completely unacceptable. Anyways, once all the presets are in (with the f700bt, I have 3FM bands), I expect to just switch through all my presets from the main screen.

I do have another issue though that is quite annoying, since it seems like nobody else has this problem. I have absolutely no AM reception. I select HD as the source and then switch my band to AM...but get nothing..Does anyone know why this might be?

thanks!

Do I do this from within the HDRadio icon? I was under the impression that since my HDRadio is using the antenna my AM/FM band icons from AV Sources are disabled. (in fact I tried looking for stations and it didnt work). I'll try BSM. Could it be a bad HDRadio? Does the p20 support AM?

Cigga,

thanks for the information. So the fact that I'm not getting any AM within the HDRadio Icon is bad (probably faulty p20, I'm thinking). Also, where can I find an antenna splitter? I'm thinking of using one to get regular FM/AM as well as HD. Someone mentioned they bought one on crutchfield, but I didn't find anything there.

thanks!