AVIC411.com

Scrolling or Larger Titles

Is it possible to get a hack so the Artist/Song Title/Album(only iPod), FOR BOTH XM/SIRIUS and iPod scroll to show the entire content. Or maybe just display the entire content? Maybe there is one, if so can someone tell me where?

Thanks - will be hacking mine this weekend :D

Is it possible to get a hack so the Artist/Song Title/Album(only iPod), FOR BOTH XM/SIRIUS and iPod scroll to show the entire content. Or maybe just display the entire content? Maybe there is one, if so can someone tell me where?

Thanks - will be hacking mine this weekend :D

no, no one has hacked that part of the unit yet

• 1 month later...

I'll tell you what, this is extremely important for satellite radiophiles. The text box available for channel/artist/song or whatever is big enough for 4 lines of text, yet Pioneer elected to only put in 24 characters of text? With MAYBE the occasional scroll? I'm confused...They don't want me to watch the SpongeBob Squarepants Movie whilst I'm driving, but they will want me to hit the DISP button 3 or 4 times at 75 MPH to see that the Cutting Crew sang "Died In Your Arms Tonight" in '86? That's nuts. I had an old school Kenwood Excelon deck that could display 4 lines of text - IN LED MIND YOU! - and that was 12 years ago. This would be a great modification, if anyone could do it. I would love to see..."Channel 100...The Howard Stern Show...Artie's Overdose...August 17, 2009"

rjunk... i know the display screen on the sat radio is lacking to say the least. I had a portable one hooked up through a aux port before i bought the f-90. It was a unit that the sat company had sent to me for free since i had several accounts. It was a tiny POS but it had 3 times the ability's for display and larger memory for song storage then my current set up. So in the end i up graded my head unit then paid a extra $150 to down grade my sat radio enter face...

I hate how the pre-sets you pick dont even display what the channel name or number is just preset 1, preset 2.

I mentioned this in a similar thread before but if any mod'ers can fix some of these issues ill buy you a sirius account for 1 year. I have zero code etc skills, i can barely surf the web and view 3 forums let alone understand how its done so i offer up a bribe instead.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nobody cracked this yet huh? I may have to start some searches and see if there are any equivalent of ui files for the radio. Also sucks that the station presets done have the actual station that you stored listed instead of "Preset 1" after its preset. I could see that being a script though and might be outside my abilities. :oops: