AVIC411.com

Restoring Defaults after installing a hack/mod

Hi guys,

Tried searching but I can't find. I need to reinstall the stock 2.0 pioneer settings because i'm having some malfunctions with the unit and am going to return it as a defective unit.

anyhow, how do i load up the stock 2.0 settings? i did make a backup copy of "My Flash Drive," so if I should use this I have it.

also...pretend you're talking to a 12 year old when you try to explain this to me. I actually am very smart, however I seem to never be good at these types of things.

THanks!

Wood

I had a similar situation. All I did was double tap on the "My Flash Drive" folder on the SD card that held my back up files. (This is after I booted the unit up in test mode)

Then I clicked on EDIT/SELECT ALL, then COPY

Then navigate to the "My Flash Drive" on the head unit, double tap on "My Flash Drive" then select EDIT/PASTE.

It will copy the entire contents of My Flash Drive over the top of your moded files, restoring them to the original factory files. Assuming your backup is of the original before-mod factory unit...

The transfer takes a good 20 minutes or so, so DO NOT turn the ignition off while transferring!

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

ok...it says something about only being able to copy as many files as there are space for...do i have to delete the current flash drive, then move the one from the SD card back onto the explorer?

or do i just do as written, click my flash drive, click paste, then click ok to the warning "limited space" warning?

thanks!

joe

ok...it says something about only being able to copy as many files as there are space for...do i have to delete the current flash drive, then move the one from the SD card back onto the explorer?

or do i just do as written, click my flash drive, click paste, then click ok to the warning "limited space" warning?

thanks!

joe

Just do it anyway and don't delete the current flash drive. I had to do that to mine 3 times while changing back and forth from different mods and it always worked for me.

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone have original file to restore my f500bt back to stock setting? I did not backup before putting in hacks.

Thanks

If you came to this forum looking to hack your unit and read how to do it, why would you not back up your unit? It is posted on everyone's mods.."back up before modding". Find cmh's reset to oem zip. Good luck.