AVIC411.com

Avic F-90BT reboots only while driving

My deck started acting up late yesterday while i was driving down a gravel road so i assumed that something ratteled loose in the wiering. (this wasnt my first time on gravel) I pulled my deck out to check for any loose connections and redid anything that looked out of wack but it never helped. But if I turn my ignetion backwords just to get my deck to just come on i have no problomes. so im figuring that something is overloading or soething to do with a speed value. I was trying to hack my deck using software but that was over two weeks and i never compleated it. I had the deck since feb 19 2009. Any info would be grately appretiated!!!

interesting....

perhaps your ground connection is not as robust as it may need to be .. i would tie a heavy gauge wire to the black ground wire on the unit and run it to ANOTHER (in addition to the ground connection you already have) good metal contact (perhaps on the floor board or the firewall) to achieve better ground...

That i could try... iv been reading about the 900-Bt rebooting and it sounds like very simmilar problomes but to do that reinstaling files is a lil beond me at the moment. Ill have to see if one of my buddies can assist. And also i really dont want to take it back for warrenty bc i dont want a black hole in my dash for half a month. i just wish the damb thing would work. It cant even manage to do what its suppose too!!

The Avic should have a tolerance to operate between voltages of 10 to 14 .. so unless your alternator is crappin' out big time and your voltage is dropping below 10 volts... i doubt your alternator is the problem -- i'd expect other electrical instruments (OEM) to also be malfunctioning in your vehicle as well if this were the case -- frequently manufacturers will implement dash lights to come on in pairs or triplets to indicate a bad alternator (nissan's use check engine, abs, and something else)

Well i have my deck in a ford F-350 disel truck, it has two batteries and i belive a 90 amp altornator or maby bigger. I also have an indash gage that shows any major fluctuation in + - charge. I have a 8gb SD card that is about 90-95% full with songs and movies. Does anyone think that maby thats too much for the system to handel...?

I would go over all connections. All electrical components are desighned to work off of a certain amperage, if one of the connections are slightly off that could be creating enough resistance to prevent the right amount of amps from getting to the unit. You can put a meter on it and read 12, 13, 14 or more VDC but only getting 5amps when the unit might need 8-10amps to work. While you are driving the vibration from the motor and the road might be just enough to wiggle one connection to creat high resistamce and then back to normal. It only take .01 of an inch to creat enough resistance to keep something from working. ggod luck and hope you get it fixed.

Well i have some new diagnosis info to say about my F-90BT. Today I was pissing around with my deck and did some stuff like one guy earlier mentioned about ther beying some sort of voltage fluctuations. I went to the shop and got my batteries tested, and altorrnator looked at. everything was in good working order(so I was told). As for it maby beying a ground issue, I ran a new wire from the dash threw the firewall and down under my truck cab to the flat steel cable that grounds my cab to the frame. I removed the bolt, cleaned boath surfases of the frame and cable with a steel brush and tightend everything snug. Took it for a drive an still the prob arose. So i tried turning the key to just get my deck to come on and worked fine. I then started my truck and let it idle for about 15-20 min while inside listining to music and switching background images. Again no prob. I tried driving very slowly and then noticed that as long as i kept my speed under 22 km/h OR about 16mp/h that it would reset. So i kept drining under that speed for almost two miles, and as long as i remained under that speed everything worked normally as it did before this happen. BUT as soon as i reached or exceeded that speed of 22 km/h OR about 16mp/h my deck would continuously keep resetting untill i slowed down or stopped. So this leads me to belive something intearnly is wrong. Any thoughts....?