AVIC411.com

how-to read/write avic dump at WinXP

if you want work with avic dump, you can try this way

0.1) google for ImDsk, and instal it. http://www.ltr-data.se

0.2) use DiskRW tools from testmode 2.2 for get NN746UC_DSK1_0_1955587584.img file.

download/file.php?id=6999

0.3) copy backup to PC, and rename it, if need ;-)

1) open ImDsk, see attached picture

2) select your avic backup file dump, see attached picture

3) put 512 in offset and press OK. see attached picture.

0.4) so, after this step you can work with files from avic dump.

[attachment=0]aaa.png[/attachment]

Hi carver it would be great if you could tell us exactly how you opened/edited your SDMLC image file! Did you mount it as a virtual drive?

i also want unpacked/extracted WINCEIMG.BIN :(

but mount tools don't help for this :(

Great work Carver.

I think work like this will lead us to some serious mods beyond the UI mods we see today.

Hopefully we get internet working on this thing on some day. The CE image they put on this device is fairly limited.

And i also noticed that the unit looses all customizations and changes made to the CE os every time it is rebooted. Only the changes persisted on the flash disk stay. If i add a file to the Windows folder, it will be gone by next reboot. The behaviour is similar to old style pocket PCs.

I am hoping that one day we could figure out a way to get USB Wifi or SD wifi working on it.

We can probably use techniques similar to how MioPocket does it, which is to use MortScript to automate copying missing DLLs and updating registry entries on bootup. Since Leetlauncher 3 already uses MortScript, it should be pretty easy to extend the framework Leet's created to do some of that. Might be best to streamline some of what MioPocket does for their startup process though, since they were aiming at being compatible across most of the PNAs (Mio, HP iPaq, etc). They do have a way to go "SD-less" so you can use the SDIO Wireless cards like the Spectec, but it does copy some data to the flash drive to do so. Hopefully once my "volunteer" F90 gets here and wired up on my desk, I'll have some fun results to share. :twisted: