AVIC411.com

F900BT - North up v. Heading up in 3d mode

Okay, I have searched this site and I have searched the internet, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to change from "North up" in 3d mode to "direction up" or "Heading up." I have the f900bt. I cannot find any option that will allow me to switch from north up to direction up. Can anyone help?

Okay, I have searched this site and I have searched the internet, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out how to change from "North up" in 3d mode to "direction up" or "Heading up." I have the f900bt. I cannot find any option that will allow me to switch from north up to direction up. Can anyone help?

Umm, in 3D mode it always is direction-up (and north-up in 3D would not make much sense anyway)...

I read that, and I'll tell you that is not the case, hence why I am appealing for help. My 3d mode is in north up and I can't change it. Now, if I change to 2d mode, I can get direction up, but not in 3d mode, it is always in north up.

This is pretty much impossible, though... iGO 8.0 does not do direction-up in 2D mode at all, only North up. The only way there could me something like North-up in 3D is if you were travelling North, then hit the map to set the cursor, and it would still display the car moving off-screen, while keeping the map at the cursor position and with North-up orientation...

If yours really does that, can you taker a picture? We could try troubleshooting then...

Mine behaves the same way - north up in 3d, direction up in 2d. I assumed that was normal?

So... does the car arreow drive sideways when in 3D mode?

I'd really want to see a picture of that...

Yes, exactly. The arrow points in the direction of travel on the map, while the map is always oriented with North up (in 3d mode). In 2d mode, the arrow always points up and the map rotates to keep the direction of travel up. It's my wife's car, but I'll take a picture when I get an opportunity.

Yes, exactly. The arrow points in the direction of travel on the map, while the map is always oriented with North up (in 3d mode). In 2d mode, the arrow always points up and the map rotates to keep the direction of travel up. It's my wife's car, but I'll take a picture when I get an opportunity.

Please do, because it is totally opposite to what the navigation software in AVIC-F is capable of doing...

I have my aciv 900bt running 3d Mode with it like its 2d Mode. Im not really a fan of the 3D flying around setup so i have it identical to 2d mode and love it because the unit keeps up with my position cuz north is allways up. I can post pics if others want to see but its not hard to setup at all and hasnt like reset it self like others say it does so yes its possible to mimic 2d mode and i didnt edit any files either.

when the button on the screen says 2d, it means push for 2d mode (you are in 3d mode).

when the button says 3d, it means push for 3d (you are currently in 2d mode).

i believe this is where the confusion is for you. the button is not the label for the current mode.

when the button on the screen says 2d, it means push for 2d mode (you are in 3d mode).

when the button says 3d, it means push for 3d (you are currently in 2d mode).

i believe this is where the confusion is for you. the button is not the label for the current mode.

That would certainly explain it. I've never actually been driving through a town when switching modes, so I interpreted the labeling incorrectly.