AVIC411.com

Finally WORKING!!!CNDV-80mt Download /D1/ Memorex DL DVD /

(Long - Read on for the symptoms...scroll down if you just want to see the solution)

OK! First off this I would not be able to post this information without the help of you all on this forum so first off...THANKS!!!

Having said that, I have been on this forum for about the past month since i picked up an AVIC-D1 off of craigslist. When I got it it only had the 2005 disk (east & west). So obviously i needed the 2009 info since i couldnt even find my street with the old maps.

After my initial install everything worked well but after about 2days i got the "please insert appropriate disc" message. So then i would eject/insert the disc three times and then the maps would pull up. I dont know why but for almost 2 weeks it would only work on the 3rd time. So after dealing with that i decided to order a disc off of ebay... here is the link http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=230339309526

The first disc the guy sent me did not work whatsoever. I used the change language procedure to do the update but got nothing but error messages every time. So i emailed the seller and he told me something about he had a bad batch of discs go out and would send me a second disc...it arrive about 3 days later. Once I got that disc i put it in and tried the language change...the update began right away! I finally had all of my 2008 info and was good to go...

that lasted about 4days :( ...

After that point I would turn the car on and instantly get the "insert appropriate disc" message but this time i notices something stangely different...I could only get the disc to pick up if i was moving :?: As in...when i was parked i could eject/insert the disc all i wanted to no avail but ONLY IF I WAS DRIVING AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS would the map come up and thats only after several eject/insert attempts. Over several attempts of this i kept repeating the downgrade/upgrade process but could never get the maps to come up the first time i cut the car on...

So I decided to make my own disc since that was the last option before shelling out the $120 that pioneer wants and this is what happened....

SOLUTION THAT WORKED FOR ME

AVIC D1 (US-Edition) + CNDV-80mt (West)

1. Found this link from TONTON - http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23940 and downloaded the west version... SUPER BIG THANK YOU FOR HOSTING THAT FILE!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

1a. I tried downloading it several times which failed cause my computer timed out...so i got "Dowload

Accelerator" took it from being an 8hour download to about 2.5hours http://download.cnet.com/Download-Accelerator-Plus/3000-2071_4-10037157.html?part=dl-10037157&subj=dl&tag=button

2. I downloaded WinRar to extract the file once it downloaded... Extracted it to C:\Documents and Settings\Desktop\CNDV_80mt_west and inside that folder was the CD image.

3. I downloaded IMGBURN next http://download.cnet.com/ImgBurn/3000-2646_4-10847481.html?tag=mncol . Selected the file in the folder above and set it to burn at 1x.

4. Went to OfficeMax and bought MEMOREX 5pk 8x DVD+R DL ($12.99) and burned the disk (took about 30 minutes).

4a. I have seen a lot of posts on here that say Memorex will not work but im broke and that was the cheapest

pack i could find lol...

RESULTS

Took the ebay disc out and put in the one i made.......

FLAWLESS VICTORY!!!!! Worked perfect on the first try (and parked may i add)!!!!! All buttons avaliable, No freezing on searches, Maps avaliable right away, and very fast operation.....

I just did it this morning so I will list any updates if something messes up but in the end all those steps seemed to have worked perfectly for me...so far (crossed fingers :D )

Hope this helps you...and thanks again TONTON!!!

I just tried the above method this morning and it worked. When I loaded the disc, it said it was updating and ultimately completed. Is there anything else that needs to be done after that?

I didn't notice much difference in the maps...for example, there's a freeway that opened up in summer of '07, a few miles from my house and it's still not showing up.

HEY THATS GREAT!!! Nope you shouldnt have to do anything else as far as I'm aware...Its been about a week for me and I'm still working flawlessly...NO ERROR MESSAGES what so ever! I live in the SoCal and i get tons of updates that I didnt have before but I was using the 2005 disc before so that may be the major difference...Im gonna try making discs with the different backgrounds now :idea:

Thx again TonTon

yeah i bought the same disc off that ebay guy too.... i thought it was legit... and ended up messing up my avic d3 so i did that language setting change thing... and now using the old discs... i'll try your method...

just wondering is it still working so far????

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...