AVIC411.com

BIG PROBLEMS WITH AVIC-F90BT PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

My unit has a few wierd problems.

1. Blutooth: Freezes a lot, when i hit the end button the blutooth will stay active for min sometimes longer without music then will close and dissapear.

2. When i end my calls the camera on my phone clicks on and takes 2 pictures??? i hyave the LG dare

3. How to i get the blutooth bar to stay up? it either stays on or goes off never the same, when i want to change the volume sometimes i cant others i can?

4. I unplugged the unit to install a screen protector and now my ipod volume wont work? im almost 100% sure i plugged everything back in correctly

5. For the first time when it started up i got a "warning" screen almost the same thing you would see on a computer. it siad that "this application fialed to start last time would i like to restart" or something along those lines

1-3 are problems with the phone, not the F90. It's not even possible for the F90 to make your phone take a picture. I assume you have 2.0 on it?

4. Why would you need to unplug everything for a screen protector? Anyway, whenever power is removed you have to change the AV input to iPod.

5. Sounds like constant power was removed while the unit was on/turning on/shutting down.

Just got off the phone with pionere the blutooth bar and the bar not going away is the unit they have had other complaints, the camera they siad is my phone dont see why that would be but they said its not the uunit. and i did the screen protector inside the house so no dust or anything would get on it. And no the power was off but i did get ipod working again i didnt know that you had to change the AV settings.

Just got off the phone with pionere the blutooth bar and the bar not going away is the unit they have had other complaints, the camera they siad is my phone dont see why that would be but they said its not the uunit. and i did the screen protector inside the house so no dust or anything would get on it. And no the power was off but i did get ipod working again i didnt know that you had to change the AV settings.

Bluetooth unit inside the Pioneer is a pretty standard Parrot, and it only supports the handsfree profile. It can not send any commands over Bluetooth protocol that would make the phone start snapping pictures. Must be something with the Bluetooth implementation in the phone...

Bluetooth bar is sort of phone related... Unit waits for the phone to say that it disconnected the call, and apparently it takes longer with some phones.... Although this is something Pioneer probably could improve on their end, too.

For #4, if you kill power at the right time when navigation software is starting up, it will assume on the next start that it had crashed and will ask if you want to reset settings to default. Should not be a permanent problem, though.

Thanks for all the responses, must be the phone with the snapping pics but it does do it when i end the calls so it has to be when im using blutooth through my nav unit. and as for the warning screen only saw it once never again and got ipod working.

Thanks for all the help guys

NJEquinox how did you fix the volume problems on your f90bt? i just had the unit profesionally installed and i'm having the same issue. I have selected the right AV source and I have tried three different ipods and an iphone 3g, all showup and display artwork, it even says it's playing but NO VOLUME. I have tried updated the firmware to version 2.0000, still no volume. Any suggestions before i send it back.