AVIC411.com

IPOD play without screen

Im wondering if i can connect the ipod with the system through a jack so that I can operate the selection manually via the ipod and not through the Z3 screen. Basically I'm wondering if theres a aux option to play MP3 players (ipod included) through the headphones hole like you would in regular cars with no integrated systems. I know the Z3 has an adaptor which allows you to use the ipod through the screen, but any ideas if i'll be able to play other mp3s manually through an RCA cable / jack of some sort? How would this connection be made possible?

I know F90BT can do both of these things, but I'm still not sure which I'll be buying.

It will NOT play movies via the IPOD adapter. You CAN play movies via the AUX input with RCAs.

Too bad we can't get an upgrade for the IPod adapter, or updated Z3 software...

All this time, I thought you had to have some special video out connector to be able to use external monitors for video with the IPod/Iphone... Like these...

http://www.appleinsider.com/articles/07 ... eview.html

And just the other day, I found that the radio I got for my golf cart, can actually send video through it's IPod interface...I bough it for it's sheer cheapness and loaded features...

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_110V8013HD ... l?tp=20217

As for the topic... I've posted on Apple's support discussions about this several times... I cannot understand the whole point to disabling the IPod when it's attached to an accessory.... Makes absolutely zero sense to me...

As for a work around, I actually disconnect mine, find what I was looking for, then hook it back up... Stupid yes, but it's actually easier than trying to hunt it down with the Avic...