AVIC411.com

SWI-ps for steering control

It like remote control. First i map it to change the seek >>, they forward my am fm preset, song on you SD , CD. Then I change to anwers my phone. Now I'm thinking change it to END CALL and use AUTO ANWERS on avic.

I use the control on avic to forward and back, AM/FM on my steering wheel for the source.

Is there any chance you could measure the resistance across the connector to the avic (between the tip and base ring) when the swi-ps is giving the answer and end call commands?

Sorry I don't know how to. I didn't use any resistance on my unit. just 3 wire i install, red for ignition, black for ground. and white go to the steering control . then do the program that all,

There will be a 3.5mm connector (like a headphone connector) that goes from the swi-ps into the back of the f-series. You would need to un-plug that and put an ohm-meter across the tip and base ring of that and then press the appropriate button on the steering wheel with the ignition switched on. The remote works but putting a different resistance between the tip and base for each command. We know the resistances for all the existing commands (eg Vol + is 16700 ohm, Vol - is 23600 ohm etc), but it would be really good to know the resistance for the extra phone commands (take call, end call etc). I appreciate that it is a bit of pain if the unit is fully installed, but if it was possible for you to do it it would be really useful information for others.

Sorry I don't have omh meter. I will try to but not promise. when i get i will post it OK. Sorry

OK, no problem. Can you confirm though that the Phone Status, Answer Call, and End Call functions all work when programmed to a button on your wheel. If so I will set up my variable resistor test remote again and try to find what resistance values make those commands work.

just had the Connects2 steering wheel control installed in my car ('09 GTI) and it works great but the same problem as below, the Up/Down buttons only seek and do not go from one pre-set to the next. If it did that it would be perfect. If anybody would know how to change this I would be eternally grateful but it sounds like that is not going to happen. Still great to have all my other GTI controls though. :)

HR

Thank you, but I did try with another button ( CH) and it work but then i lost the change source which i need too. Maybe I have to sacrifice the source to use for answer the phone still i find the the steering control housing that have more button on it. Take a look at these picture.[attachment=0]DSCN2449.JPG[/attachment][attachment=1]DSCN2448.JPG[/attachment]

If this really did work, this is big news! What function did you map to the CH button, and what exactly does it do on the f-series? Does the preset up/down work also?

Edit - just found this review on crutchfield so I guess the preset answer is no

"Nearly perfect

Written By Tomas, Franklin, MA on Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just installed this in my 2008 Subaru Impreza. Simple to wire up with just three wires (white/black/red); programming took a couple of tries since you have to finish it within a few seconds. Working great immediately afterwards; button response had little to no lag, and I was able to get vol +/-, mute, source and track +/- all working perfect. Only problem is that track +/- on my Pioneer AVIC-F90BT receiver is also seek +/- (for radio)... would have been better for me if those functions have been matched up with preset +/-. Otherwise I have no complaints... highly recommend installing this if you want to get your car's steering wheel controls working with your aftermarket head unit. "

I'd still be very interested if the phone commands really are available, and if so, what resistance they use.

You need to set it to preset+ ( OPTION 7) and preset - ( OPTION 8). you maybe set it to seek >> and seek << ( which it option 4 and 5 ). so the program go like this

1. volume Up

2. volume down

3. mute / attenute

4. seek >>

5. seek <<

6. source

7. preset +

8. preset -

9. band

10. phone status

11. answer phone

12. end phone

you have to program in order, if you want to skip the programming press the program button on swi-ps to skip. hope this help.

PS. for GEOFFt I set my CH to answer phone ( option 11) and it work. every time someone call I press CH button to pickup touch the End on avic to end.

Sorry, was this the answer for the SWI-PS or for the Connects2?

Thanks

HR

You need to set it to preset+ ( OPTION 7) and preset - ( OPTION 8). you maybe set it to seek >> and seek << ( which it option 4 and 5 ). so the program go like this

1. volume Up

2. volume down

3. mute / attenute

4. seek >>

5. seek <<

6. source

7. preset +

8. preset -

9. band

10. phone status

11. answer phone

12. end phone

you have to program in order, if you want to skip the programming press the program button on swi-ps to skip. hope this help.

PS. for GEOFFt I set my CH to answer phone ( option 11) and it work. every time someone call I press CH button to pickup touch the End on avic to end.

1. volume Up

2. volume down

3. mute / attenute

4. seek >>

5. seek <<

6. source

7. preset +

8. preset -

9. band

10. phone status

11. answer phone

12. end phone

Hi Landmark!

Thanks!

Hi Landmark!

I had my SWI-PS installed for me. I now need to go through the programming again. Do you have something that tells me exactly what it is I need to do? Please excuse my complete ignorance, but I have no idea how to re-program this thing.

Thanks!

Hmm, thought I recognised the monicker, it's Catchs' buddy......... :lol:

1. volume Up

2. volume down

3. mute / attenute

4. seek >>

5. seek <<

6. source

7. preset +

8. preset -

9. band

10. phone status

11. answer phone

12. end phone

Hi Landmark!

I had my SWI-PS installed for me. I now need to go through the programming again. Do you have something that tells me exactly what it is I need to do? Please excuse my complete ignorance, but I have no idea how to re-program this thing.

Thanks!

what car are you driving? every car is not the same. Go to PAC.com to check out.