AVIC411.com

Installation in a 2008 Audi a3

i want to install my avic-f90BT into my 2008 audi a3

i have a non-bose sound system that came with the car

i know i need an antenna adapter (im pretty sure that is what i need)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17934_Metra+40-VW53.html?utm_source=froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=froogle

but i am not sure which steering wheel controls or radio harness to buy

oh yeah this is the headunit that came with the car

4453_1060992815798_1555260091_30175044_1475885_n.jpg

here is some of the stuff i want to install in my a3

n1555260091_30175042_5221655.jpg

n1555260091_30175043_775079.jpg

n1555260091_30175046_4802227.jpg

i want to install my avic-f90BT into my 2008 audi a3

i have a non-bose sound system that came with the car

i know i need an antenna adapter (im pretty sure that is what i need)

You'd need some kind of trim kit, obviously. When we were installing into my 2007 A3, there was no harness adapter, so installer soldered one together. There might be one now.

We never got PAC/Peripheral/Whatever else they are called steering wheel adapter to work properly. I ended up using Soundgate, but you could get Connects2 from UK which is cheaper and should work just as well....

the steering wheel connect i found this guy who said something similar to what you said about the steering wheel connect

do you know how you can tell which one to buy?

"""Steering wheel controls: Connects2 CTSAD002 or CTSAD003 (depending on what kind of connection you have from your original HU. I had 3 separate connectors (ISO variant) therefore I ordered the CTSAD003. YOu have to order it through incarexpress.com.uk (google it). They will ship to U.S. Takes 10 days. around $70 for the unit including the correct lead for Pioneer.

Radio harness adapter: Metra 70-1784 or 70-1787, again depending on the connection you have. I ordered the first one. Makes things easier. You only have to solder the wires from the Pioneer harness to this one and then BAMMM!! just connect."""

the steering wheel connect i found this guy who said something similar to what you said about the steering wheel connect

do you know how you can tell which one to buy?

"""Steering wheel controls: Connects2 CTSAD002 or CTSAD003 (depending on what kind of connection you have from your original HU. I had 3 separate connectors (ISO variant) therefore I ordered the CTSAD003. YOu have to order it through incarexpress.com.uk (google it). They will ship to U.S. Takes 10 days. around $70 for the unit including the correct lead for Pioneer.

Radio harness adapter: Metra 70-1784 or 70-1787, again depending on the connection you have. I ordered the first one. Makes things easier. You only have to solder the wires from the Pioneer harness to this one and then BAMMM!! just connect."""

Sounds about right...

Hey, I just had the F7010BT installed in my VW GTI (same platform as your A3) and this is what I purchased:

1) Connects2 CTSVW002 VW Stalk Adaptor Lead

2) Connects2 CT23VW01A VW Golf Double DIN Fascia

3) Connects2 CTPIONEERLEAD Universal Stalk Lead For Pioneer Units

4) powered antenna adaptor

Obviously you will need the Audi parts that match the above.

I ordered all of them form In-Car-Express which is a European dealer as there are no Canadian dealers for this unit. It took about 8 days to arrive to my door from the time I ordered it and they were very easy to deal with.

It allows you to keep all of your steering wheel controls exactly as OEM. The only thing you lose is when the MFD is on your audio source it only says "Audio or Pioneer" as opposed to the station or track number. So far (knock on wood) it works like a charm.

Cheers

HR

• 2 months later...
Hey, I just had the F7010BT installed in my VW GTI (same platform as your A3) and this is what I purchased:

1) Connects2 CTSVW002 VW Stalk Adaptor Lead

2) Connects2 CT23VW01A VW Golf Double DIN Fascia

3) Connects2 CTPIONEERLEAD Universal Stalk Lead For Pioneer Units

4) powered antenna adaptor

Obviously you will need the Audi parts that match the above.

I ordered all of them form In-Car-Express which is a European dealer as there are no Canadian dealers for this unit. It took about 8 days to arrive to my door from the time I ordered it and they were very easy to deal with.

It allows you to keep all of your steering wheel controls exactly as OEM. The only thing you lose is when the MFD is on your audio source it only says "Audio or Pioneer" as opposed to the station or track number. So far (knock on wood) it works like a charm.

Cheers

HR

I would like to install a Pioneer Nav unit to my VW GTI. Since you did it recently, I would like to know: 1. How do you decide which model of unit, F500? F701? I just want the Nav and bluetooth function. 2, How to remove the original radio unit? 3. Does the Pioneer unit comes with the connectors or I have to order them? And what are they? Thanks.