AVIC411.com

Hello everyone, I have a general question regarding audio output of the F Series.

I have the F700 running (4) Pioneer TS-A1672R (just 6 1/2" door speakers). I also recently added 2 Infinity Kappa 10.9 Tweeters.

Im just not really pleased with my audio system, im using stock speaker cable to the harness on my F700 with no aftermarket amp, is the output of the F700 amp enough for a decent sound? Im not looking for anything to vibrate my windows just nice crisp clear sound.

When Im running my Ipod I can defiantly hear alot of white noise coming out of my tweeters as well as a CD but not as much.

Could someone comment on the above and maybe suggest something I could try? An adjust to my Audio settings in F700? Can I use RCA jacks? would it make a difference?

Hello there,

I would first like to start by asking you, what's The year, make, and model of your car.

2. You really should add an amplifier, it will allow you listen to your music alot louder with no distortion if set properly. Virtually every high power headunit only outputs about 15-25 watts/RMS. Reasonably priced amplifiers are rated between 50-75 watts/RMS. Match the amplifier to the RMS rating of speakers you are using.

3. I highly recommend upgrading your speakers, the 1672R's are not good for sound quality. Consider getting component speakers for the front doors, much better sound quality then coaxial speakers.

4. Add a subwoofer, not BIG on bass, no problem, a sigle 10" subwoofer in a small sealed enclosure will make your sound system sound awsome( if you system is designed and tuned properly). Look into purchasing a 5 channel amplifier, they are space savers. That amp will be powerfull enough to run all four speakers and the subwoofer.

Thanks for the tip, maybe I will take the Pioneers out of the front and build a box for them to put in the bed of my truck for tailgating and what not :mrgreen:

I have a '05 Chevy Colorado Extended Cab, my bit of frustration is i've put some money into the sound system already (with the help of Crutchfield) and my wife's Pontiac Vibe stock system still blows it away!