AVIC411.com

Bypass Question

I'm going to be doing a post-install bypass. The original install was done at a stereo shop. I was wondering what is the trick to getting the A-ANT lead wire out of the harness to use as the bypass lead. I don't want to remove the entire unit so I may be doing much of this by feel. Does it simply pull out with a tug or is there a clip or tab that has to be pressed. Thanks
  • 5 months later...
I'm going to be doing a post-install bypass. The original install was done at a stereo shop. I was wondering what is the trick to getting the A-ANT lead wire out of the harness to use as the bypass lead. I don't want to remove the entire unit so I may be doing much of this by feel. Does it simply pull out with a tug or is there a clip or tab that has to be pressed. Thanks

from the sounds of everything you said, i dont think you should attept this at all

from the sounds of everything you said, i dont think you should attept this at all

true but experience comes with trial. Use a eyeglass screwdriver and pick at the plastic tab holding the wire in. Move it up every so slightly and tug gentle on the wire for it to come out of place.

you dont have to pull any wires to do the bypass....... all you need to do it put a wire in the empty slot above the yellow black (you can crazy glue it) and ground it. so you dont have to worry about breaking the pins off.

this is bad advice follow the instructions and you will be fine.