AVIC411.com

local circuit city is horrible

I had my D2 installed today and it took circuit city 9 hours. After it was all done and I got home I found three screws on my floor board. I found where two went and the third I have no clue. To top that off they didnt put my dash back on correctly so I get to go back tomorrow AGAIN.

Once I got done picking up their pieces and cussing out loud I started on the bypass. I took dash off (not the jacked up stearing dash I have to take it back over) and found the harness. I stole a black ground wire from an old harness, shoved it in to the empty pin on the D2 Harness, sliced the parking brake wire on the D2 harness in half, fused the two togethor and mounted it on a mounting bracket for the ground. WAH LA, i can change my destination while driving. You see the boxes un grey out as soon as you touch the two to metal. With that said doing the bypass is easy as taking candy from a baby.

however, circuit city sucks.
go back, complain, tell them to give your installation $ back. they have to. if they say that installation is not return/refundable tell them they messed up your car by what you said here, and you would be crazy to give them a second go at screwing it up again. So, you will go to another store (best buy or something) and pay to have it installed right. If they still balk at you, tell them that you would like to speak with the store manager, if that doesnt work speak with the district manager, that will if it gets that far, they have no choice when they screw up like this.

btw, which cc was this?
with all the information available on-line to DIY'ers I really don't understand why anyone would pay someone to perform a satisfiying project like this. But even more so why pay a bunch of inexperianced kids at Circuit City? Do it yourself or take it to a shop that specializes in car audio installation. I wouldn't let CC install my washing machine. Sorry I know this rant is a bit late in your case but you were ok to do the by-pass but not the installation? No one is going to take there time and do as good a job as you, becuase its your D2 and your car.
Sorry you had a bad experience, but to add my 2 cents to the pot. I work at cc and previously bb. Not all installers suck, sometimes you just luck out at getting crappy installers. I take pride in every job I do and treat EVERY car I work on as if it was my own. So please don't just make a blanket statement that ALL best buy or circuit city installers suck.
[quote name="cntrylvr79"]Sorry you had a bad experience, but to add my 2 cents to the pot. I work at cc and previously bb. Not all installers suck, sometimes you just luck out at getting crappy installers. I take pride in every job I do and treat EVERY car I work on as if it was my own. So please don't just make a blanket statement that ALL best buy or circuit city installers suck.[/quote]

i never even met this guy but i vouch for him just based on the wealth of knowledge he's shown on the forums. i avoided cc too after they screwed up my disc changer. they forgot that on pioneer multi-changers, you need to turn 2 screws in the direction the changer is mounted... horizontally or vertically. if not, the changer will skip like a mofo with every pebble in the road.

i figurd this out on my own, and uninstalled the changer and fixed everything. i didnt actually pay them to install just the changer, rather a new headunit and changer i had bought together. although they did get the headunit right...
If you were refering to me, then may I suggest you re read what I posted. I didnt say all cc installers where bad, but merely confirmed the OP's posting about HIS bad cc installer, Furthermore, I explained what to do to help put him back in a positive light with things. I surely hope as an installer that you understand that customers have a thing called repore (spelling?) with sales people and installers.... Since this op's repore has been trampled on, it is only fair to assume he is not in the "best" mind to like the installer and thus by all rights probably not want them to touch the car again, especially since they fouled up so badly.

If you werent refering to me, it might be good to actually point out who the post was to since it is uhh... unclear at the least since now theres two posters thinking you were talking to them.
[quote name="Builder"].... But even more so why pay a bunch of inexperianced kids at Circuit City? Do it yourself or take it to a shop that specializes in car audio installation. I wouldn't let CC install my washing machine...[/quote]

Sorry I was talking about that.
  • 2 weeks later...
I was actually going to get my altima done at CC but I guess not huh? I live in NY and I know I can do this install myself but its too cold and I do not have a heated garage to perform the install, that's my problem. ANd I'm not waiting till its warm to do it. If I had access to a heated garage I would do it in a heart beat!

The only reason I was going to do it with CC was because they remove it for free when my lease goes back.
So does bestbuy, then again you could too. Your car is not a hard one to work on. most of the work you could do in the car with the door shut. Then just wire up the harness inside where its warm. what year is the altima, I could probably give you a step by step for the install.