AVIC411.com

Speaker issue with iPod

I have a F90BT installed in a 1998 Toyota Camry XLE. When I am using the iPod connection, the front driver’s side speaker has a very low volume and is staticy. If I have the audio source set to AM/FM radio or a CD then it works perfectly. Does anyone have any ideas on why this would only happen when I switch to the iPod source? I am assuming the speaker and wiring is fine since it works with all of the other sources.

I had the exact same problem and fixed it. A temp fix is to unplug the usb plug for about 5 seconds and then plug it back in and it should return to normal but it might not be for very long sometimes a day sometimes 10 min. The Problem is the iPod RCA connectors. I pulled my radio out after getting tired of unplugging the usb plug constantly. I fiddled around with the RCA connectors while the radio was on and playing the iPod and all of a sudden the speaker started working again. I then wrapped the RCA plugs with electrical tape to keep them tight together and its been about 3 weeks now and I haven't had a problem since. Before i fixed it i couldn't even listen to an entire song without it acting up. Anyways the pioneer cable is crap several others have had the exact same problem and have solved it by replacing the pioneer iPod cable. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply, I unplugged the USB connection (I had wrapped this in electrical tape when I installed it, I guess I should have done the same for the other end as well) and plugged it back in and it started working again like you said. I am going to see how long this will last and if it goes out again I guess I will have to take the dash apart again to play around with the composite cables in the back. I might even try just unplugging the composite cable entirely since I could easily live without the video.

you cannot unplug those because that is how the audio from the iPod plays through the unit. its not just for video. The USB is only for controlling and charging the iPod. Im not sure why unpluggin the USB works but it does. My next step in solving this problem, if it does happen to come back, is to cut the ends off the RCA's and solder the pioneer iPod RCA cables to the F series RCA input cables. That should completly eliminate the poorly constructed RCA problem.

To be clear, is it the pins on the back of the unit or the RCA harness itself? I have previously replaced my harness and it work for several days and is now back to cutting out again. I talked to Pioneer and they wanted me to send my unit back. I would like to exhaust every option before I do that though.

I had this problem a few days ago. My right side of the car had static-y sound using my iPod Nano + F700BT. I pulled out the F700BT, and pushed all the cabling in as much as I could, and taped the USB cable together, and it's been behaving since..

Just seems to be one thing after the other with the F700...