AVIC411.com

remove nav agreement at startup?

[quote name="tillithz"]leave a destination programmed in.. btw that is for the navi part[/quote]

True; forgot about that.

If a destination is programmed and you shut the car off, it will not display the disclaimer when the navi turns on again.

However, besides that, theres no way to get rid of it.

How long have you had your unit?

I ask because I've had mine for about 4 months and I got used to in in 2 weeks. If I'm driving locally I don't even change to the map most of the time; I just start the car and leave it in A/V mode. But, when I do need the map, I've just gotten so used to it that my finger immediately moves to the corned to hit the 'ok' button. I thought it was annoying at first but its gotten to the point where its like putting my seatbelt on; I do it without thinking about it.
Yeah, I hate that nag screen too.
I leave mine in AV mode most of the time in town because that nag screen was annoying, but my preference would be to leave it in map mode all the time just because it looks cool. :lol:

Leaving a route programmed in is really not practical because it'll talk all the time. I guess you could always turn the voice off.

Anyway, I've been trying to discover a hack for it, but I think I'm alone. I've gone so far as to attempt to disassemble the program code (UC050SYS.USA), but am stumped. I did go so far as to find an open-source NEC V810 CPU disassembler which is very similar to the V830 CPU in these nav units. The V810 disassembler wouldn't work on UC050SYS, but I added some V830 opcodes and recompiled it under VS.NET 2005 and now it will disassemble it. Only problem is it looks like UC050SYS is packed somehow, so the disassembled listing is useless. I need to find a way to unpack or extract whatever is in UC050SYS. So right now I'm stumped!

Yeah, I really hate that nag, and have a lot of free time at work. :lol: