AVIC411.com

IGO8(ish) Navi theme for stock IGO-New version posted on pg2

I took the great work of IDT's mod and have started to recreate the Navi Map screens from the standard IGO8 skin.(the one with binoculars in the upper left corner)...with a few tweaks.

Here are some screenshots of what it looks like.

I will be posting the files in the next couple of days, for anyone interested, after I test it out a bit on the road.

Sorry bout the lack of focus,..my phone sucks.

Any feedback is welcome.

post-30860-12872757674656_thumb.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea,..there are a couple things I am still tweakin with,..thanks for the feedback!

Not entirely happy with the locations of the buttons myself,..but i tried them other places, and I did not want to cut any further into the real estate of the map image.

Any suggestions on where and what buttons would be better?

Also,..I have tested it on the road and works well.There is one thing I was hoping someone could find for me.

I have changed the route recalc progress bar to be the animation recalc image from Igo8(rotating green arrows).My problem is that I cant seem to find the code thats making the animation have the old left to right progress image display.I have the rotating arrows working, but the left to right scrolling display seems to be layered on top of it...cant find where to get rid of that.

I can post the files now if you want to see it,..but I was hoping to get these little things worked out first, to avoid numerous posts and mod versions.

yea,..there are a couple things I am still tweakin with,..thanks for the feedback!

Not entirely happy with the locations of the buttons myself,..but i tried them other places, and I did not want to cut any further into the real estate of the map image.

Also,..I have tested it on the road and works well.There is one thing I was hoping someone could find for me.

I have changed the route recalc progress bar to be the animation recalc image from Igo8(rotating green arrows).My problem is that I cant seem to find the code thats making the animation have the old left to right progress image display.I have the rotating arrows working, but the left to right scrolling display seems to be layered on top of it...cant find where to get rid of that.

I can post the files now if you want to see it,..but I was hoping to get these little things worked out first, to avoid numerous posts and mod versions.

it's in your navigatemap_800_480.ui, at the bottom part

what i would suggest is to get rid of the panel on the right side,

Thanks All-

Here are the last lines that handle my progress bar animation.This is my issue.I don't see anything in this code that refers to the old left to right scrolling.What have i missed?

;************percent***************

Also, the panel on the right can be hidden at any time by pressing that little arrow button(one step ahead of ya an that one :)),..that panel is useful,..my pic does not do it justice, as when you are driving, speed limits, no left turn arrows, etc will show when driving...so sometimes it looks like there is not much there.That's why i put the option to hide and display that panel, just in case someone didnt want to see it.

I am going to post my files,..but keep in mind that I also have my blue button theme in there as well,.and hummer car image,..so if you dont want those,..you will need to overwrite my image files with your own.Will have em up shortly

Thanks All-

Here are the last lines that handle my progress bar animation.This is my issue.I don't see anything in this code that refers to the old left to right scrolling.What have i missed?

;************percent***************

Also, the panel on the right can be hidden at any time by pressing that little arrow button(one step ahead of ya an that one :)),..that panel is useful,..my pic does not do it justice, as when you are driving, speed limits, no left turn arrows, etc will show when driving...so sometimes it looks like there is not much there.That's why i put the option to hide and display that panel, just in case someone didnt want to see it.

I am going to post my files,..but keep in mind that I also have my blue button theme in there as well,.and hummer car image,..so if you dont want those,..you will need to overwrite my image files with your own.Will have em up shortly

Take a look at the layer ui_route_planning_progress in navigatemap_800_480.ui (this is where the progress bar is). Bar is displayed in sc_route_planning_start script, and the progress sprite of the bar is attached to the map in start.ui, so check those locations.

Actually,..I havent seen your post yet,..but I am glad I am not the only one with such good taste!,..lol

Ok,..here are the files for this mod for anyone interested.

First off,..thanks to BorisM for helpin me clear up my little recalc issue,..works good now.

And thanks to IDT for giving me a great mod to start off with.

This forum is great and very responsive!

Here are a couple things to keep in mind before downloading my mod,...

****ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR IGO FOLDER BEFORE TRYING SOMETHING NEW****

- Since half of the unit's UI buttons are located in the 800_480 folder(in the DATA.ZIP), half of your unit's UI buttons will have my blue buttons from my blu_button mod.(Navigation UI buttons and menus would be affected)

If you like the look of those images,..then simply copy/paste the "Image.res" file I included in my .zip into your APL folder, and the rest of the unit's UI buttons will match(my blu buttons)...Otherwise, you will need to copy/replace any customized or stock images you desire back in.

- I have a Hummer car image in there instead of stock pointer image.

Complete Install Instructions...

(assuming you already have "Testmode" on your SD and know how to boot to it)

***BACK UP YOUR IGO FOLDER ***

-Copy my "DS-DIGI.ttf","SYS.txt", and "DATA.ZIP" files to you APL2 folder(inside your MyFlashDisk/IGO folder)

-Copy my "Image.res" file to your APL folder(inside your MyFlashDisk/IGO folder..for UI buttons)

remove SD and reboot unit.

download link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/243556481/puff_mod.zip

Just copy the files in to the locations specified,..no renaming of the files required.

Most of the files will be replacing the old ones...so u will get that file overwrite confirmation message when copying them over

just did it everything works great good work

Just copy the files in to the locations specified,..no renaming of the files required.

Most of the files will be replacing the old ones...so u will get that file overwrite confirmation message when copying them over

Hi, this looks great!

How do replace the car-image with my alfaromeo 147?

Which files do i need to replace for that?