AVIC411.com

iPhone 3G with 3.0 OS

• 2 weeks later...

I just figured out why my Scosche adapter would sometimes work and sometimes not work when I tried to use it to charge my iPhone 3G or 3Gs. On my car and Avid-D3 I have to plug in the phone before I turn the engine on. If I do that it always charges the iPhone. If I plug it in after the car is running it never works.

Bizarre, but man am I happy I finally figured it out.

Now if someone, anyone, could figure out how to get contacts onto the D3 and video to stream from the iPhone to the head unit's screen I would be eternally grateful.

Brian

But what I don't understand is that the D3 shows that it is playing music (the time counter is advancing on songs, etc.) but no music is coming out.

The phone is auto switching to BT audio out when the BT connects. Go to your iPod app on the phone and touch the blue BT symbol at the bottom right. Choose DOCK CONNECTOR and you will be good to go. You will need to do this everytime you start your car. This is an issue with every head unit that has BT audio streaming when dealing wihnthe iPhone.

Now if someone, anyone, could figure out how to get contacts onto the D3 and video to stream from the iPhone to the head unit's screen I would be eternally grateful.

Brian

It's not going to happen. Neither the iPhone nor the BTB200 BT adapter support the profiles to so.