AVIC411.com

Ver 2.7 appeared on Pioneer Eu today

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would wait 24 hours and see if something appears on Pioneer the US site, when ver 2.5 was released on the EU site it was not posted on the UK site because the changes mainly affected german TMC users, or Pioneer don't consider the UK to be in the EU :-).

This time the firmware is also posted on the UK site and mentions stability improvements in addition to German TMC updates so maybe there is more to this one than they are making public, I am just going to upload it into my EU F900BT I don't expect I will notice any immediate difference but my curiosity compels me to do it.

I would wait 24 hours and see if something appears on Pioneer the US site, when ver 2.5 was released on the EU site it was not posted on the UK site because the changes mainly affected german TMC users, or Pioneer don't consider the UK to be in the EU :-).

This time the firmware is also posted on the UK site and mentions stability improvements in addition to German TMC updates so maybe there is more to this one than they are making public, I am just going to upload it into my EU F900BT I don't expect I will notice any immediate difference but my curiosity compels me to do it.

I am sure we all are very interested in how the unit performs after you install the update, please keep up posted. :D

Ok just done the update, i did notice the on screen load prompts that let you know what is being transferred indicated that the CE operating sytem was being updated, I noticed lots of new CE files being tranferred.

The start up time is the same before and after, no noticeable difference so far in the way the sytem operates or in speed of operation.

Title of this thread should read Version 2.007

I wouldn't expect anything notable in such a low number bump.

From the Updates File:

Ver. 2.007000

- Solved problem on Polish on-screen keyboard

- Solved reboot problem after receiving specific TMC data in Germany (area information is displayed correctly)

- Improvement of system stability.

Looks to be that way, I am dissapointed now because I had the map scheme just right for my preference, I now have to suffer the silly Pioneer scheme which shows minor roads as white on a light grey background, this makes them almost impossible to see. I had modified the borders of the roads to be outlined in black which made the easier to see.

I think one of their reasons is to block the use of Test mode as route to customising the unit, test mode no longer works, this would in fact make sense in advance of Ver 3 being released, it may be an attempt to protect Ver 3 and the new maps from being shared.