AVIC411.com

Ver 2.7 appeared on Pioneer Eu today

Hi folks,

I have updated to 2.7 (unfortunately) I have tried to downgrade to previous version but i can't beucase the unit ignore everything. If i use a sd card with no matter what the unit jump to the last audio source.

I have try the same sd card with the 2.7 upgrade and the result is the same ... it seems that the unit knows that the installed firmware is the 2.7 so it jumps because the sd card have the same or older fw ... :evil: sorry for the english ... i am not a native writer.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided to dissect the new .zip file.

It only contains a few new files:

WINCEIMG.BIN v6.1.7.0 -> v6.1.7.2 (The Windows CE ROM)

ezrider.exe v8.0.0.61795 -> v8.0.0.86638 (iGo v8.0)

Lang_Polish.zip (Polish language files)

SystemSetting.exe and Update.exe (no version info change), but those are compiled against the CE ROM and might be the reason why testmode does not work anymore.

I'll try to update the ezrider.exe later today via the testmode if it has any visible changes, which i don't expect due to the fact the release notes only say something about TMC.

I decided to dissect the new .zip file.

It only contains a few new files:

WINCEIMG.BIN v6.1.7.0 -> v6.1.7.2 (The Windows CE ROM)

ezrider.exe v8.0.0.61795 -> v8.0.0.86638 (iGo v8.0)

Lang_Polish.zip (Polish language files)

SystemSetting.exe and Update.exe (no version info change), but those are compiled against the CE ROM and might be the reason why testmode does not work anymore.

I'll try to update the ezrider.exe later today via the testmode if it has any visible changes, which i don't expect due to the fact the release notes only say something about TMC.

I would also like to know if it possible to downgrade

OK guys, here it is.

Download this http://rapidshare.com/files/246346538/winceimg.rar

Unzip to empty SD card.

Put card in slot. Press "MENU" "MAP" "EJECT" & reset button (left to "EJECT") , Keep them all pressed.

Release reset button, wait for beep, release "EJECT" button and the others.

You should get a blue screen. Now DO NOT press reset button as they ask.

There is combination of buttons to enter service mode. Each time you press the button or control knob(up, down, left, right) small red square appears at the bottom.

Here is sequence: up, up, down, "MENU", left, right. Then you have menu. Choose "0-upgrade wince" by pressing control knob. Next menu, choose (by means of control knob) upgrade from SD card.

Wait & when everything is finished remove card & reset unit.

This is not my invention, I just collected information from this forum. Thanks should go to man: xJ2Mx.

Enjoy unlocked unit

Since the 3.0 upgrade must work with both 2.007 and older versions, there has to be some variation of test mode that works on both. Once the 3.0 is available it should be possible to determine how it works...