AVIC411.com

Microphone Stopped Working

I did some searching on here and tried to solve the problem that way. But unfortunately it hasn't. My mic has suddenly stopped working on my F90BT. It doesn't hear voice commands nor can I be heard when I get a call. I checked to make sure it is plugged in to the right jack and it is in all the way, but it is still not working. Anyone know of any issues? Is there a way to detect if the unit is actually picking up anything or if it is just the mic?

• 5 months later...

I'm having the same issue with my F90BT. About 4 or 5 months of owning my mic doesn't work and i sent it into Pioneer they had it for 2 weeks and sent it back and said they couldn't find the problem. It still doesn't work so i have to send it in again. They sent me another mic to test with and that didn't help so its not pinched and its not the mic. Its like the unit muted the mic and i can't unmute it.

PS. I hate Pioneer customer service. They made me pay for shipping my "under warranty" unit to them, DIDN'T FIX IT and wanted to have me pay to ship it back again!! I made it a big deal on the phone and got a label from them. I think they are told not to give out shipping labels unless someone fusses about it. How can they make me pay shipping so that they can fix their faulty product?? I already paid shipping when I bought it and I bought the flagship model.

PSS. I believe Pioneer should offer a warranty exchange. They send me a working unit and then I send mine into them and they repair and send it to someone else. Alot of places do this. Especially for a car radio WTF I have no radio for 2 weeks and now will be 4 weeks or more. BS Pioneer!!!!

The End

I know this string is about the (Microphone Stopped Working) But I just have to ring in on Pioneer customer service. I agree it seems to be the company line to say there's nothing wrong with your unit. I have sent my F900BT in twice for the same problem, paid twice to ship it and it still has the same problem. MSN will not active on status screen but does get most info. I have an F90BT and it activates MSN in 30 seconds or less every time I fire up my unit. The 900 was in the same truck so it's not the antenna or the wiring, installation. So yes Pioneer customer service is not very good. But they try, They Just don't get it DONE. Get-er-done Pioneer :evil: I would try to replace the mic and reset the unit. Check VR setting's sometimes it can get hung up in those settings

• 2 weeks later...