AVIC411.com

f700 problems getting a little old now!!

first off name is jimmy, i've been roaming around the site for some time and finally decided to join. if gained some sweet insight from you guys, so id like to say thanks!!!

here's my dilema... i have a f700 installed in my 1995 mustang gt. right off the bat, i didnt ground it to the ebrake, didnt install the gps antenna, just installed it so i could get power and listen to a cd. but this shouldn't be affecting me like this.. everything works great for the time being, until the following morning when i go to start the car. i hear the fan running, but there is no picture just a blank screen. nothing powers on on the screen at all...

the unit has gone back to pioneer TWICE. and both times they've done the SAME b/s(reload the software)

i searched and have only seen a few things like mine but weren't quite what i was looking for. any help would be greatly appreciated...

edit: both fuses have been checked and replaced with new ones even though they didnt need them

first off name is jimmy, i've been roaming around the site for some time and finally decided to join. if gained some sweet insight from you guys, so id like to say thanks!!!

here's my dilema... i have a f700 installed in my 1995 mustang gt. right off the bat, i didnt ground it to the ebrake, didnt install the gps antenna, just installed it so i could get power and listen to a cd. but this shouldn't be affecting me like this.. everything works great for the time being, until the following morning when i go to start the car. i hear the fan running, but there is no picture just a blank screen. nothing powers on on the screen at all...

the unit has gone back to pioneer TWICE. and both times they've done the SAME b/s(reload the software)

i searched and have only seen a few things like mine but weren't quite what i was looking for. any help would be greatly appreciated...

edit: both fuses have been checked and replaced with new ones even though they didnt need them

i think it's a faulty unit

none of the buttons are lighting up... i cant even get into the test mode since the screen wont power back up...

now here is teh weird part... if i take out the unit, disconnect it, let it sit for a few days and then go and plug it back in, it does the same thing... works for a few hours and then the following morning after it sits, it doesnt work... can't figure it out and its as if pioneer doesn't even read my description that they asked me to put in the box.. :evil:

thanks for any help fellas!

Do you see the splash screen at all?

Mine just did this on Monday... or something similar anyway. Would show the splash screen for about 15 seconds, then go black. Screen, buttons, everything. But I could tell the unit was still "on."

Test mode would start up but would do the same thing partially into the initial file copy. I ended up being able to install the 2.0 update again - which worked OK. Then was finally able to get back into test mode to copy my full backup.

Mine just did this on Monday... or something similar anyway. Would show the splash screen for about 15 seconds, then go black. Screen, buttons, everything. But I could tell the unit was still "on."

Test mode would start up but would do the same thing partially into the initial file copy. I ended up being able to install the 2.0 update again - which worked OK. Then was finally able to get back into test mode to copy my full backup.

yeah see pioneer did the software reload TWICE and its still doing the same thing... next step is a baseball bat :)

yeah see pioneer did the software reload TWICE and its still doing the same thing... next step is a baseball bat :)

+1

well i ended up calling into pioneer... and they told me that i HAD to ground the unit... is this true? he said it could be causing the unit to run correctly and the lock out shortly after... he also told me to send in my wiring harness with it and explain that in the description. the guy was also a complete asshole and gave me nothing but attitude when i was asking my questions, he must've been cranky cuz his old lady is bangin the milk man :wink:

well i ended up calling into pioneer... and they told me that i HAD to ground the unit... is this true? he said it could be causing the unit to run correctly and the lock out shortly after... he also told me to send in my wiring harness with it and explain that in the description. the guy was also a complete asshole and gave me nothing but attitude when i was asking my questions, he must've been cranky cuz his old lady is bangin the milk man :wink:

If you did not groung the unit to begin with it would have never worked. The guy is an idiot.

i bought my first f700 about 6 weeks ago, and tried the hardware bypass before the next morning. to my knowledge, i did it correctly, but after a week or so, i started noticing some weird problems it was having - like the screen would go blank after startup, but still load after another minute or so. then a few days later, the splash screen would load and go completely blank... the nothing.

i took the unit back to CarToys and the install manager reemed on me for even trying the bypass, but reluctantly replaced my unit for me. so... what'd i do when i got home? tried the bypass again, only doing it very slowly and making sure i did everything properly. it's been a little over a month and all is still well.

my best for you is, there's something in these units that virtually 'fries' the software if they aren't connected as cocher as they'd like. i guess either try another bypass and do it exactly as this site says, or properly install the unit, all grounds and whatnot included.

best of luck! :D