AVIC411.com

TIME CHANGE?

ummm..because the z1 knows where it is at on a map and should be able to know what time zone that is.....

Yeah :!::)

My original question was if the clock is actually run on GPS time, then the minutes do not have to be changed on the AVIC, only the hours. (Unless you are in a half-hour time zone.)
Did we answer this? In fact, you can only change the hours. Which sucks if you are in Atlantic Canada right now (GMT-3:00 now) and always if you are in Newfoundland (GMT-2:30). Using GPS to figure out where you are on the map and therefore which timezone you are in would fix this problem (and probably for Alaska/Hawaii too, I think), although you'd still need the daylight savings unless Pioneer wants to get really ambitious.

Or, I suppose they could just program more time zones incl. the 1/2 one.

Edit: Oops, I just read the manual and it says: "...The time difference(+, –) between the time originally set in your navigation system is set here." So I guess that this will just increment the time by up to +- 3 hours from your current time. I haven't tried it yet, but if that's true, I guess the newfies are the only ones out of luck! :)