AVIC411.com

Attention JasonH. Please. Many of us need your help!

Hi. Seems like you have some connects with Pioneer? Not sure if you've noticed, but there appears to be a fairly widespread significant issue with Ipods and Avic F series. It is VERY annoying...almost makes the Avic F not worth owning. Seriously. It is THAT bad for those of us who use the IPOD as their primary music source.

Pls check these threads for more details, and let us know if Pioneer is aware, and what their OFFICIAL position is. Thanks

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=23993&start=15

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24911

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25013

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24943

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=24134

bump for Jason

And Jason will magically snap his fingers and make this all go away?

pardon me for being snippy, but Jason is just doing what he can hosting here, and while occasionally someone from Pioneer may stop by, he can't make all the AVIC issues go away.

There is also no "widespread issues with AVIC F-Series and ipods" many many MANY of us have them working just fine with no issues. My ipod is hooked up and runs every day just fine.

Lol. 18 threads detailing either issues with Ipods not being recognized and/or sound failing from one side. Yeah, thats widespread. And for your knowledge, I did receive a PM from a Pioneer Rep who saw this thread and informed me that Pioneer is aware of the issue, and they have been researching in the lab but need more info, and asked me for specifics surrounding my install, and the circumstances when the problem occurs, and what specific IPOD and cable that I am using, including firmware #. He instructed me to plug in a music filled USB thumb drive in the USB slot to determine if the issue is still there. I have reported my results back to the engineer, who is diagnosing further. But guess what...since this thread is "fail"....why would I post more details in a "failed" thread. 8)

Lol. 18 threads detailing either issues with Ipods not being recognized and/or sound failing from one side. Yeah, thats widespread. And for your knowledge, I did receive a PM from a Pioneer Rep who saw this thread and informed me that Pioneer is aware of the issue, and they have been researching in the lab but need more info, and asked me for specifics surrounding my install, and the circumstances when the problem occurs, and what specific IPOD and cable that I am using, including firmware #. He instructed me to plug in a music filled USB thumb drive in the USB slot to determine if the issue is still there. I have reported my results back to the engineer, who is diagnosing further. But guess what...since this thread is "fail"....why would I post more details in a "failed" thread. 8)

itsatrap.jpg

And you think the Pioneer rep specifically came to you because you whined here to have Jason magically snap his finger to have them come to your aid?

Because you have single-handedly identified a HUGE ONGOING problem that all units are defective? I don't think so.. the issue is not as wide-spread as you seem to think, just because you're affected does not make it THE MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEM IN THE WORLD! :lol:

The Pioneer rep was there because this site is a valuable resource, and it's thanks to many people who have put in a great deal of hard work, Jason especially, that made it so.

I own a 700bt. I use ipod as my primary music source. I have never had a problem with my unit as you are saying it is a common problem. # friends have a 700bt and I have installed a number of others.(i am an installer for a retail chain.) I have never had any ipod issues. you may have a faulty unit or cable or ipod but i do not believe there is an issue with the f-series and ipods in general.

its amazing to me how many people buy this product and expect everything to be absolutley perfect and made exactly how they want it to be.

And you think the Pioneer rep specifically came to you because you whined here to have Jason magically snap his finger to have them come to your aid?

Because you have single-handedly identified a HUGE ONGOING problem that all units are defective? I don't think so.. the issue is not as wide-spread as you seem to think, just because you're affected does not make it THE MOST IMPORTANT PROBLEM IN THE WORLD! :lol:

The Pioneer rep was there because this site is a valuable resource, and it's thanks to many people who have put in a great deal of hard work, Jason especially, that made it so.

Nope. I think the rep contacted me because..Pioneer seems to sincerely want to address the problem. And Pioneer is well aware of the ipod issues with the f-series, moresoe the random non-recognition issue than the sound issue, but but they are well aware llof both. Have you NOT sen all of the different threads/posts on the Ipod issues?? And thats just from this small audience on this forum. Imagine the larger scope.

Nope. I think the rep contacted me because..Pioneer seems to sincerely want to address the problem. And Pioneer is well aware of the ipod issues with the f-series, moresoe the random non-recognition issue than the sound issue, but but they are well aware llof both. Have you NOT sen all of the different threads/posts on the Ipod issues?? And thats just from this small audience on this forum. Imagine the larger scope.

You keep saying how huge this problem is, but it's not..

Flat out.. your opinion on how important this issue is, or how wide spread it is, are fundamentally wrong, and you have a blind spot to it.

Does the issue exist? yes

Is it as AWE-INSPIRING HUGE as you feel? nope

its amazing to me how many people buy this product and expect everything to be absolutley perfect and made exactly how they want it to be.

yeah, its amazing when people spend a lot of money on a product and expect it to work properly and it doesnt.

Amazing. :roll:

i didnt say properly I said perfectly how each person wants. Everyone bitches about this not working how they like or that takes 3 seconds longer than it should or blah blah blah. My unit works fine. Bootup time is no more than most portable GPS units out there. My ipod works great with no issues. Guess im stupid for having a unit that works and am not complaining just to complain like most people on here.