AVIC411.com

Playing Video's on iPod shuts iPod off

I thought I read about this once awhile ago but can't find it anymore. So I decided to post about it to get some answers. When I try to play movies on my iPod the movie plays for 1-3 minutes then shuts off. I have to unplug the iPod plug the thing back in to get recognized again then if I go back to the movie it will start where it left off but just shut off again after 1-3 minutes. I thought that since I changed my ripping software it was the source of the issues but all of the old videos that played fully through with no shut offs have the same shutting off problem. So I'm pretty much stuck and would really like to get my iPod back to playing the videos properly like before.

I have a similar issue with my iPod connection to my F90BT however it doesn't occur during video play, it occurs when the song changes (normally). I talked to Pioneer about it and they suggested reseting both the iPod and the F90 (didn't work), then they said it may be the iPod connection cable since those have been known to go bad. I don't know if you've tried this, but I used my friends' iPod touch (I have a classic iPod) and it seemed to give me no problems. Although I really didn't give it enough time to test. Let me know if you find out any other solutions. Good luck!

Unfortunately I am also having that issue. My iPod randomly disconnects when play music or a video. Pioneer was no help. I wound up buying a couple of cables so I can plug in my iPod into the aux2 port in the front of unit. I have replaced the iPod cable from Pioneer with the Apple iPod cable but in my case it made the problem worse. I put the original cable back on and while it still happens. It doesn't happen as much as with the Apple cable.

I am convince it is a software issue. But when I talked with Pioneer they say it is the iPod. And when I talked with Apple, they say it is the stereo. I am hoping the new update that is coming out will make it a little more stable.

I also think it may be the model of iPod. I used an iPod shuffle in it a couple of times and it worked without any problems. I have the 160GB version of the iPod.

Dave

I have the 160gb as well my 80gb didnt have the problem so maybe I may try sticking that back in to play videos and see what happens. The 160gb work for a few weeks even months maybe and then starting doing the video shut off thing, so it may be the iPod.