AVIC411.com

wrong address in navi

my address is wrong in the stock igo as well as igo8 its switched with the street next to me is there anyway to fix this or switch them around or do i just have to deal with it

Try newer maps. Otherwise, report the error to TeleAtlas and hope they will eventually put it in the maps we can use...

Teleatlas puts my house on the opposite side of the circle from where it really is. Not only does it screw up my GPS, but the units UPS uses too. I've been trying to get it corrected for more than a year.

Given the time lag between collecting map data, verifying it, encoding it, sending it to Navigation software manufacturers, having them encode it in their proprietary format, distributing it etc., etc., I'd expect more time than that for a fix that you report to them first///

Teleatlas puts my house on the opposite side of the circle from where it really is. Not only does it screw up my GPS, but the units UPS uses too. I've been trying to get it corrected for more than a year.

Given the time lag between collecting map data, verifying it, encoding it, sending it to Navigation software manufacturers, having them encode it in their proprietary format, distributing it etc., etc., I'd expect more time than that for a fix that you report to them first///

+1. My friend works for Alpine in the navi division. He said by the time a map update is released to the consumers, the database is already about 2 years old. :?