AVIC411.com

I have a manufacturer date of july 06 (pic)

well....

1. You have a ninja with a z1? Really? I looked at your myspace page and it looks like a ZX-11? It is tough to tell from that angle. And you are 18 with one of those? Wow, I couldn't get my hands on a bike like that till recently... I'm a little older :)

2. Try flashing the lights first,
[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

3. Test that cause you can see if it works while parked, make sure the parking brake is not grounded.

If that doesn't work, ground the parking brake and the "secret wire" in connector 2 and you will be set.

The July units I have heard reports of both methods working and the flashing you can see if it works in 30 seconds while parked, the 2 wire grounding you can only tell if it doesn't work by driving around for a couple hours.
[quote name="vijaja"]So there is no "born on" data on the unit itself?[/quote]

Yes there is, and the first post said it was a July 06 born on date. The problem is that they changed their units some time in July. June and before is one way, August and after is the other way. But they didn't make the change over between months they made the change in the middle of the month (closer to the beginning if I guess right).

Some have reported to me that 2 or 3 (I can't remember how many) July units were the old flasher method but most people 50+ have reported that it's the 2 wire ground.

So were the first couple reports a mistake? Were all the July 06 units the 2 wire ground? I don't know. But I mention it just in case.
[quote name="kawi_ninja_with_avicz1"]so to try the flashing overide have my parking brake overide on so none of the keys are faded out and then toggle my headlight lead off on off while its on the starting up or the big pioneer screen? and does it matter if its in navi mode dvd or AV?

-steve[/quote]

Make sure the parking brake sense wire is NOT GROUNDED (how ever that switch needs to be set). You can test that by letting it boot, go into:

MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS

Look at the parking brake line and make sure it says "OFF". Lots of keys will be faded.

Then shut down and reboot. If you have ever driven around with the parking brake sense wire grounded and you get the "your parking brake wire is not hooked up right" you will need to reset the Z1. When you get to the pioneer text screen, flash the headlights on and off. It doesn't matter what the Z1 was on when you shut it off.

When it boots up look to see if the keys are still faded, if so, then try grounding 2 wires. If not then you have a "flashing" unit. You can get one my my circuits to do that for you.
i went into the connection status the parking brake switch works fine.
As soon as i go about 15-20 the buttons fade out i have a toggle hooked up to the lights for the override i just can't figure out the sequence to get it to work right with the swicth one way its has the backround as the day sky and the other as the night sky
when i start it up it loads once then the display for the improper parking brake comes up i hit ok then it goes back to pionneer loading screen. Now somebody told me if the the pop up for viewing video is strickly prohibited or the navi pop up comes on that i did the sequence wrong

so i leave the parking brake on all the time and while the unit is booting up do i use the toggle the parking lights from day night day or night day night? i've been trying this driving around my block for the past 20 mins and i still can't get it but its 2:30 and im tired so i could just be screwing something up
Yes you are screwing up, and your first problem is that you aren't reading the link I posed in the first reply to your question. Or if you did read it you aren't following the directions in it.

[url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

You need to read and follow that link. That will tell you how to check. You don't need to drive around or anything. You can do all this and know what you need or don't by following the instructions in that link.

But now that you left the parking brake on all the time, you will need to reset the unit. You never want the parking brake grounded all the time just by itself. Reset the Z1 with the recessed button to the right of Eject.

Then turn on your Z1 and let it boot up. And as I said in my previous post:

Make sure the parking brake sense wire is NOT GROUNDED (how ever that switch needs to be set). You can test that by letting it boot, go into:

MENU - SETTINGS - HARDWARE - CONNECTION STATUS

Look at the parking brake line and make sure it says "OFF". Lots of keys will be faded. Turn on and off the "headlights" or what ever you are using with that switch. Make sure the screen dims and that the ILLUMINATION line changes.

If that's the case, shut down the car.

Then GO TO THAT LINK: [url=http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html]http://www.sminntech.com/z1flash.html[/url]

Follow the directions.

If your unit is like the old ones, you never want the parking brake wire grounded. If it's like the new ones, you only want it grounded IF and only IF you ground the secret "other" wire.

Oh and by the way, the disclaimers will always come up. You can't get rid of the popup messages. The only one that will go away is the parking brake one.
[quote name="kawi_ninja_with_avicz1"]yeah i was really tired last night im at work right now as soon i get home im gonna try it the right way thanks for all the help hopefully i'll get it this time[/quote]

Just read the link and follow the instructions. It's not too hard, just takes a little time. I'm sure you will see what you need without too much problem.
[quote name="kawi_ninja_with_avicz1"]when i reset that recessed button will lose all the differnt settings i had set up and my memory or will that be left alone?[/quote]

There are 4 levels of reset. That one is the least destructive. But read the manual at pages 175 - 178 ish. That will list what will be reset, but I think what you want to save will remain.