AVIC411.com

Sound balance issue or normal?

Hey all, I recently got the AVIC-D2 and used a wiring harness for clean install. I also have a subwoofer hooked up into the SUB pre-outs. My issue is; that my rear speakers (not subs) are very quiet compaired to my fronts. My front speakers seem almost double in sound if I leave the fader at "0". I have to move my fader to +5 on the rear to ballance them out. My stock radio, all speakers were equal. Why is this?

Also, I read the manual about how the rear speakers can be changed to FULL or Subwoofer and I have them set to FULL. If I changed that setting, I loose front and back fader and the subwoofer icon changes to non fader button.

Is it normal for this unit to have so much more power to the front speakers comparied to the rear (not subs)?

Help! and thank you!

PS: 06 STI, using a wiring harness, soldered wires, all colored wires match, sound is clean, fader works correctly, just the rears are muffled compaired to fronts volume wise. Also the rears sound like NO highs are going though them. They sound FLAT.
If I remember correctly, the rear speakers have 2 drivers, a woofer and a mid/tweet. The left woofer is white/red+ and red/black-, right is blue/yellow+ and red/white-, the mids on each side are blue/yellow+ and red/white- I believe.(At the speakers.) You may have only tapped the woofer.
I see. Thanks for for you help. I used a wiring harness and matched each color correctly so Im not sure what you mean about the different drivers.

I also noticed that if I put the rear setting to SW, I loose front and back fader options. Not sure if thats a issue or normal, but I noticed that.

Again, I used a wiring harness and matched all colors. I then plugged my amp and subs into the SUB preouts. Not the REAR preouts, not the front pre-outs, just the SUB preouts.

Doing so allows me to used the SUB ICON to turn them on or off and change the sub output level.
I'm not sure of the D2 has the sound field settings (stage, living room, etc) like the Z1 or not, but if you have that turned on the rears will sound that way. It has to do with time alignment of the sound, similar to a home surround sound system.

Give that a try.
[quote name="jimmy303"]You seem to have it correct. Look under the rear deck and see if there are 2 sets of drivers.[/quote]

What do you mean by driver Jimmy?

for output sounds, I see REAR output (2 RCA's) a front output (2 RCA's) and a SUB output (also RCA's).

I will recheck, but I dont remember having any extra wirings (the colored thin ones) hanging out. If I remeber correctly, all color wires from the harness matched the colored wires comming out of the head unit. I will recheck though, but Im faily positive there are no extra wires except for VIDEO/sound inputs and outputs for external monitors, camera or DVD player or whatever you want to use it with.
Driver means speaker

[quote name="ramman949"] [quote name="jimmy303"]You seem to have it correct. Look under the rear deck and see if there are 2 sets of drivers.[/quote]

What do you mean by driver Jimmy?

for output sounds, I see REAR output (2 RCA's) a front output (2 RCA's) and a SUB output (also RCA's).

I will recheck, but I dont remember having any extra wirings (the colored thin ones) hanging out. If I remeber correctly, all color wires from the harness matched the colored wires comming out of the head unit. I will recheck though, but Im faily positive there are no extra wires except for VIDEO/sound inputs and outputs for external monitors, camera or DVD player or whatever you want to use it with.[/quote]
Ah I see. No. It doesnt.

I have a pair of RCA's for FRONT
I have a pair of RCS's for REAR
I have a pair of RCS's for SUBWOOFER

I have my AMP connected to the SUBWOOFER RCA's.

The rear speaker setting is FULL (for the rear speaker RCA's) which means its all the sound goes though. You can set it to SUB to use the REAR RCA outputs as your SUBWOOFER line too. Changing the REAR RCA outputs to "SUB" WILL CAUSE the rear speakers to act like subs too. I think they do that for people whom have no amp, but want BASS to there rear speakers (like 16x9's).