AVIC411.com

JUST BOUGHT THE F900BT!

Hey guys:

Even after reading all the horrible reviews...I just bought a brand new f900bt for $520. I hope I did the right thing. Somehting inside me is saying...why did you do it??? You read all the bad reviews :twisted: !!!. But the allure was just too stong.

So tell me...Did I do the right thing??? :oops:

I just got the F900BT also. I installed it with help from friends into a 2006 F250 diesel crew cab. Haven't done any mods, but I am considering the hardware bypass. I have a Verizon XV6800 which sync'ed up ok. The phone book transfer went alright, but I have what appears to be a common problem - the voice dial doesn't work at all using the name - it just dials what appear to be random numbers. Haven't tried saying the number yet, I just go into Contacts and touch the one I want to dial. I have an 80GB iPod with ~70GB of music. That took almost 2 hours to catalog! I will not look forward to doing that every time I add a new album...although the end result is worth it. I installed the GPS and Sirrius antennas on the dash. They aren't glued down yet, but I plan to thru-bolt a couple of metal washers grounded to the chassis; that will make (I think) a little better ground plane. If not, it will at least provide some pointless entertainment :roll: . Hopefully an antenna guru will take pity on me and explain how that will or won't work.

Question 1: Does the unit completely wipe out the old VR catalog every time it rescans, or does it just look for the differences? If I add a new album every week, that's a lot of time (2 hours a pop) I have to leave the vehicle turned on in the driveway waiting to update.

Question 2: When the unit starts a VR catalog and it dosen't finish by the time you need to shut down, does it pick up where it left off or does it start completely over next time?

I have searched for these topics without much luck. I am pleased with the unit so far. I look forward to the 3.0 update; sounds like some good improvements, and newer maps are such fun :wink: . Thanks to all the gurus on this site - I used a lot of this info in making my decision to purchase and found much useful info for installing. To the OP, yes, I think you will enjoy the 900. Good luck!

JimB

Question 1: Does the unit completely wipe out the old VR catalog every time it rescans, or does it just look for the differences? If I add a new album every week, that's a lot of time (2 hours a pop) I have to leave the vehicle turned on in the driveway waiting to update.

I too would like to know this, im going to be getting a 120 ipod soon, but if its going to take 2 hours everytime i add a new album, this is going to be a problem. anyone have any clue on this?

I believe I can answer this now. I added 3 albums and changed a few playlists and updated my iPod. Turned VR Catalog on and it took ~4 min. to finish the update. Not bad! Thanks, Pio Neer.

JimB

Where did you guys find the deals?

Hey guys:

Even after reading all the horrible reviews...I just bought a brand new f900bt for $520. I hope I did the right thing. Somehting inside me is saying...why did you do it??? You read all the bad reviews :twisted: !!!. But the allure was just too stong.

Hey guys:

Google Shopping... easily 5 minutes of Google Shopping, countless days of reading reviews, weighing the pros and cons... then I bought it from CarToys.com's Amazon.com Storefront for $594 + Free shipping. Like 4 days after that, it went back up to $899. Way to go me! :D

I believe it could be found somewhere at $594, but how to find one at $520.

Hey guys:

Google Shopping... easily 5 minutes of Google Shopping, countless days of reading reviews, weighing the pros and cons... then I bought it from CarToys.com's Amazon.com Storefront for $594 + Free shipping. Like 4 days after that, it went back up to $899. Way to go me! :D