AVIC411.com

Pioneer Avic F700Bt

hey guys I'm thinking of buying the Pioneer AVIC F700BT because right now I can get one for bout $350 new. I' know it doesn't have dvd features which I won't need. To those that have it, do you guys like it. I'm planning on just upgrading it to the 3.0 firmware once it comes. I've read that about how some have problems with their avic's. I would get the new Pioneer Avic X710 but its so expensive right now and i've read with new 3.0 firmware it'll make the F700 similiar. So for those who have it, what do you guys think. Worth it? How's the navi itself. Is the navi pretty accurate?

I love mine. I paid about 350 as well and cant wait for the updates. Its a great unit for the price. It does have its quirks though but they dont bother me too much. Boot time isnt as bad as everyone makes it out to be. It is slow but by the time im just pulling out of the driveway its up and running. For all the features its worth it, especially if 3.0 is as good as it sounds. The only major complaint I have id the nav is annoying with all the constant prompts and the maps currentyl are outdated, hence why Im anxious for 3.0.

i would definitely recommend it. I got mine for 250 refurb and havent had a problem since install except for the extra characters in my phonebook transfer which messes with the VR calling. But there is a fix for that on here. The boot time is definitely not as bad as people say with 2.0. Actually I usually boot it with the ipod as the last music before turning off and it resumes in under 30 seconds. The sound is far and away superior to most factory system, it made my Lincoln's factory speakers sound so refreshed. The video playback is smooth and sharp but if I had one complaint it would be the colors are not rich. Other than that, everything I have asked for from the f700bt has responded without problems.

I got mine through Amazon for $350 but would NOT recommend buying it. I also bought a camera mostly to help back up with in a 2008 Corvette with darkly tinted windows. By the time you start the car and the camera system gets around to working, I am already out of the garage and around two corners. The navigation system is fun, but the modifications posted on this site are very hard to implement. It took me over a week, and I am an engineer.

The main problem with this unit is that as a basic music player --it sucks. It usually takes 3 to 5 tries to switch from AM to FM with a detour through CD and a huge loss of attention to the road. In a 'vette at least, with two separate antenna amplifiers, the reception sucks. The stock unit is part of a system. I have still not managed to replicate acceptable reception with relays and voltage regulators. I'm too cheap to pay for XM, which I don't like anyway. Finally just as with the temperamental and unresponsive touch screen, the main volume button is a sad joke. I fixed it by bonding a couple of rubber washers to it so now I can actually easily change the volume.

Maybe I'm old school, many of the newer units have small complex controls that look cool in the store, yet are extremely distracting when operated on the road. Except for the memory card reader, this AVIC tries to do too much, yet does nothing well.

The main problem with this unit is that as a basic music player --it sucks. It usually takes 3 to 5 tries to switch from AM to FM with a detour through CD and a huge loss of attention to the road.

Not sure what your issue with it is, other then your opinion that it's a POS..(an opinion I don't think anyone will change)

I routinely change input sources from ipod to FM, to CD, and have never had it miss.