AVIC411.com

outlook contacts to phonebook

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Magna,

the character conversion is nice, but there might be a problem with the following lines:

Call PrintSQLElement(myItem.FullName, myItem.HomeTelephoneNumber, numQual * 1)
     Call PrintSQLElement(myItem.FullName, myItem.MobileTelephoneNumber, numQual * 3)
     Call PrintSQLElement(myItem.FullName, myItem.BusinessTelephoneNumber, numQual * 2)
     Call PrintSQLElement(myItem.FullName, myItem.OtherTelephoneNumber, numQual * 0)

The AVIC only supports 3 dwTypes: 1, 2 and 3. Type 0 is used for no type. What I do with numQual is determine whether there is more than 1 phone number for a given contact. If there is, I use types 1, 2 and 3. If there isn't, type 0 is used. So adding a line with numQual *0 is dangerous in the sense that a contact appears with both his BusinessTelephoneNumber and his OtherTelephoneNumber, which is not what you want.

So you either have to take out the numQual altogether, or you will have to take out the last line.

Also, having numbers mixed up was a bug I thought I had corrected. Were you still working on an older version?

Weo

Weo,

I have the number mix up with the FeloniusMonkey version. I compared the code, and it looks like he used your revised version (Jul 22). Here is what happens:

What doesn't work:

(outlook contact=>avic contact)

Home+Mobile=>Home+Office

What works:

Home=>no label

Office=>no label

Mobile=>no label

Home+Office+Mobile=>Home+Office+Mobile

Office+Mobile=>Office+Mobile

I didn't test Home+Office

on edit: looks like the identifier for office and mobile is mixed up still.

This is where I got the info from:

For those who are interested, the dwType column controls multiple numbers for each contact. Specifically:

0 = General (only use this if you only have one number for that particular contact)

1 = Home

2 = Work

3 = Mobile

I will make sure the original file works that way. (Might be I am a little lysdectic???)

I did try out all combo's, and did not have any problem with them, but I do not really understand what you mean by

What doesn't work:

(outlook contact=>avic contact)

Home+Mobile=>Home+Office

Home+Mobile should result in Home+Mobile (that's what it does on my computer anyway :? )

Weo

I am having trouble making this work and I hope you can help. I have changed the file names to the following:

Const SQDB As String = "c:\temp\PhoneBookxxxxxxxxx.db"

Const SQLfile As String = "c:\temp\contacts.sql"

Const SQLITE As String = "c:\temp\sqlite3.exe"

The first file name is actually the file my nav unit created so I think I am OK there. The other file names I changed to c:/temp/*.* because I don't have a D drive.

I can get through loading the text into the macro editor and running the macro. I get two choices and select "ThisOutlookSession.ContactsToSQDB" and run it. Thae macro asks permission to overwrite C:\temp\contacts.sql if it exists and I select yes. The macro asks what folder and I select Contacts. The macro asks "OK to generate PhonebookDB" and I select yes. At this point it has created the contacts.sql in C:\temp. Otherwise, the folder is empty. Then I get the error "File Not Found" and it returns me to the editor.

Where am I screwed up?

• 2 months later...
Does this method bypass the 400 number limit? I've pared my contact list to the minimum needed to get my work done, but the upload still stops around P ....

I couldn't tell: I don't have +400 numbers in my phone :shock:

It wll let you make a selection of the numbers though, by using the filter category

hth,

Weo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Marlysa,

Had a look at your french post (oui, je parle francais aussi), but I have to make the same comment as I did to Magna on http://avic411.com/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=34&t=25308#pr183319: there is a problem on line 132:

Call PrintSQLElement(myItem.FullName, myItem.OtherTelephoneNumber, numQual * 0)

Other than that: I am glad this macro is appreciated

Weo