AVIC411.com

Firmware 3.002: Video !

FINALLY the product we expected it to be !!!

improvements i've noticed:

- MUCH faster menu navigation

- no lag in video playback

- ability to switch FM preset channels or jump to another mp3 folder by clicking the Steering control button (for those of u who have it).

- No more cut off MP3 songs a few seconds before the end!

- When entering house number, u have a keyboard of NUMBERS displaying now (much more logical!)

- screen touch sounds less annoying

Enjoy the video!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, this looks amazing compared to what we've been dealing with. I'd really miss the awesome mods people have done here but I may be willing to give up test mode for this performance if it really came down to it. I'm sure someone will find a work around anyways either that service mode or something else.

Couple quick questions

Did you notice improved boot times as well or just the performance after it boots up?

In 2.0 I believe bluetooth was a separate install so was there any BT upgrade or is the BT version different?

Haven't seen any references to the speed limiter bypass yet either software or hardware for this or the 2.06 version so I'm curious about that.

Either way thanks for the video, I'm really excited about this now.

Looks promising. But doesn't Firmware 2.0 have "just the number screen" for the house numbers already? Mine does. And I have revision 2

Ah ok...well, i had to switch keyboard everytime to enter numbers...

About the Bluetooth, it's HW100-SW300-RC3 (by memory ... i might be wrong).

The phone interface is a bit better, but i haven't use it really yet. (and i never had problem with it before either).

About the startuptime, no improvements noticed...

Looks promising. But doesn't Firmware 2.0 have "just the number screen" for the house numbers already? Mine does. And I have revision 2

The phone interface is a bit better, but i haven't use it really yet. (and i never had problem with it before either).

Startuptime has to do with the IGO i believe, it takes time to load. I had 8.3 on an other unit and this took about the same time, so i don't expect improvements there...

Startuptime has to do with the IGO i believe, it takes time to load. I had 8.3 on an other unit and this took about the same time, so i don't expect improvements there...

Kind of thought the same, it does load quite a bit. Oh well, my back up camera and music comes up pretty quick anyways so it's not a huge deal, the button delays could drive me almost insane at times so I'm still really happy from what I've seen so far!