AVIC411.com

So my XM sounds slight worse then FM and not nearly as good as CD on my D1. I also drop signal occasionally when I go behind a building or through trees. My antenna is underneath the plastic under my windshield wipers, but has no metal on it.

Anyway, has anyone else noticed the XM sound being sub par even with a good signal? Is there a way to check signal strength? Anything else to check?

Thanks!
I had Sirius and it was great. Far better than FM, it did drop out in the city, but not too often.

I now have XM and it too is excellent. Makes FM sound terrible. It has never dropped out. The antenna is on my trunk lid under the wing. I live in Canada, just across from Detroit, Michigan.

I have an AVIC D2.
Haven't heard Sirius, but XM is not as bad as I thought it would be. The worst channels are the traffic channels. Traffic and weather sound VERY much like out of a tin can with nylon string. What the heck is going on there? The Dance channels, Urban, Top Hits and some Rock channels all sound more than fine. Jazz and Blues is fine too. The Comedy channels don't sound too good. The French channels are AWFUL!!!!! It's a waste of bandwidth. Shame, since I like the French language.
the sound quality is going to be the same there is going to be NO static or half ass reception, its satellite, which means its digital which means.. its on or its not, no in between. Now the quality of the sound can be debated, especially the weather stuff ewwww.. but the music channels are fine... comprarable to FM.
The sound quality on XM is not as good as FM can be. I was very disappointed with the sound quality as soon as I installed my XM receiver. It all depends on what you are listening to because they dedicate more bandwidth to certain channels. They give low bandwidth to things like talk radio and classical and more to things like rock and Hip-Hop. But even with the extra bandwidth FM still sounds better in my area. I am getting used to the sound quality but it is definitely disappointing!